Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Fluox Restarting

Re: Fluox Restarting

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdaze View Post
    I’m now at week 6 today. Had 3 good days in a row after 3 bad days. I do get nausea in the mornings but it seems to taper off later in the day. Anxiety is in the background but I haven’t had it build up to any panic attacks, thank goodness. Seeing psychologist Thursday to do some unraveling! Will be interesting to see what needs work...I will keep you posted! Conelrad that’s frustrating about your stomach. Hopefully it’s minor & can be easily fixed.
    Summer, great that your starting week 6. You should be well on the way to turning the corner, per se with side effects. Hope everything goes well on Thursday for you...

Feb 11 Update : Well, it's been just over 8 weeks since I restarted and can say I don't want to go through that again. I am feeling very much "normal" now. Feeling as good as before I went off Fluox. Pretty much no anxiety, very slight background anxiety every so often, but it's not frequent at all. My sleep is pretty much normal now however, I do take Melatonin a few times a week because I do wake up a few times during the night, but fall right back asleep.I'm "hotel living" all this week due to having to go out of town for work. Non issue, no anxiety due to it, I was glad about that !
    Hope everyone is doing good !
    Last edited by Conelrad; 12-02-20 at 03:11. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Feb 11 Update : Well, it's been just over 8 weeks since I restarted and can say I don't want to go through that again. I am feeling very much "normal" now. Feeling as good as before I went off Fluox. Pretty much no anxiety, very slight background anxiety every so often, but it's not frequent at all. My sleep is pretty much normal now however, I do take Melatonin a few times a week because I do wake up a few times during the night, but fall right back asleep.I'm "hotel living" all this week due to having to go out of town for work. Non issue, no anxiety due to it, I was glad about that !
    Hope everyone is doing good !
    Hope the week away for work went smoothly? Tomorrow is week 7 for me. Had a really good weekend but got back to the city & anxiety returned. I seem to be able to manage it ok. Haven’t had to resort to lorazepam. My psychologist has suggested I try EMDR for the anxiety. Has anyone tried it?

Feb 18 Update*** Well, as far as anxiety goes, it's pretty much non existent. Hooray ! It's been almost 9 weeks since the restart. My week away for work went well, no issue(s). Sleep is an issue often, but it always has been for me. Last couple of weeks, it takes me like, 2 hours to fall asleep. I'm going to have to do some reading up/research on that issue and see what I can come up with.A lot of tossing & turning to get to sleep...
    Hope everyone is doing well ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Sleep is an issue often,
    Insomnia, or delays in falling asleep can be an ongoing issue with ADs, especially the SSRIs. The standard remedy in the *U.S. is small doses, 25-75mg, of the very sedating AD trazodone (Desyrel). It becomes less sedating as the dose increases so don't be tempted to go for a high knockout punch. It's main advantage over other meds such as mirtazapine, doxepin, or quetiapine is that it only has a very short half-life, about 5 hours, so you're less likely to be groggy the next morning, although it does sometimes still happen.

You may also find these links useful:

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/docs...%20hygiene.pdf

http://www.sleepcouncil.org.uk/

* UK GPs seem to be reluctant to prescribe it for some reason, and it isn't available in AU, or, if memory serves, NZ.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information