Thread: Low bpm

Low bpm

I’ve been a little worried lately about ectopic beats and palpitations but put it down to being a stressful time of year. One of my presents yesterday was a Fitbit and I’ve been watching my bpm today and realised that twice is been below 60bmp both times about 52bpm is this something I need to worry about?

Re: Low bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Bakebeansrule View Post
    I’ve been a little worried lately about ectopic beats and palpitations but put it down to being a stressful time of year. One of my presents yesterday was a Fitbit and I’ve been watching my bpm today and realised that twice is been below 60bmp both times about 52bpm is this something I need to worry about?
    That means you're a healthy person. Might want to stop with the Fitbit if it's going to make you hyper-focus on your body, leading to anxiety over nothing.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the reply. I’ve recently lost 4 stone in weight and in the new year I really want to improve my fitness so thought the Fitbit would help with that. Was just a little surprised to see the bmp go low. I did read it’s normal with your sleeping for it to go as low as 40bpm

Wow this is odd. I've gone from 104kg to 82kg in the last 18 months after a pretty bad score on a Bupa healthcheck (high cholesterol and BP), had a much better healthcheck this year but still trying to get to my ideal weight and be fitter generally, lots of walking and stuff.
    My heartbeat is regularly 50 BPM now when I check on my smartphone, and I've also been asking Dr Google what that means, and obviously it means I'm probably dying or something. Haven't died yet though and TBH feel generally much more energetic than I have for a long time, still get the odd dizzy spell but I'm fairly certain that's nothing to do with the heart rate and just the usual anxiety stuff.

Wrist HRMs are horribly inaccurate. I used to use a Fitbit and now use a garmin because at least I can attach a strap to my Garmin.

First, disable heart rate from your watch. Remove the display of it. That will help a ton.

Second, note that it is mostly going to be inaccurate and don’t give it much value.

Third, low heart rate is fine as long as you aren’t exhausted all the time. My heart rate has been in the 30s overnight. My average true heart rate is mid 50s. Not dead yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether the Fitbit is accurate or not, 52bpm isn't low.

The 60-100bpm 'norm' is nonsense.

Thanks for the replies. Not sure how accurate the Fitbit is but my bpm hasn’t dropped in the 50s anymore but that’s probably due to my anxiety. I’m going to turn the heart rate monitor off when it’s charged and just use it for counting steps etc

Ok so I didn’t turn the heart rate monitor off like I said I would and I’ve kept a steady eye on it over the last few days. My average bpm is losing 1 beat every day. It’s down to 61 today. I did email my dr a couple of days ago and she said she would only be concerned if it was an average of under 50 but that can be normal for someone who exercises regularly and hard. I try to exercise regularly I’ve started to jog for a mile each day this week and walk between 15-20000 steps a day at work does this sounds normal?

When I Checked this morning it said my bpm went as low was 50 last night in my sleep, I read as low as 40 is ok when sleeping but that coupled with my daily rate I’m worried it’s just going to keep going lower and lower if somethings wrong

So you didn't switch the monitor of, and you're increasingly worried about a heart rate that isn't a problem and not low.

I wonder if there's a connection?

I’ll turn it off now, thanks

Thread Information