Thread: Aortic dissection freaking out

Aortic dissection freaking out

Becoming a serial poster here of late my anxiety is running riot.

I've been having a weird pain deep in my chest that is like a dull throb/ache that goes into my upper back. At first I worried about my heart but then I thought it might be reflux as I was having a full feeling in my throat around the time it started. I went to the drs who said it's likely to be reflux and muscle tension.

My back doesn't hurt as much today but I've just been getting those twinges deep in my chest. My throat feels like there's food in there or what I've eaten hasn't gone down properly.

I've just read about aortic dissection in the thoracic area and now I'm terrified that's what the pain is. I'm 41 and female. Please help I'm so frightened.

Re: Aortic dissection freaking out

Stop googling

You have been told what it most likely is so why not treat that first?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyskye View Post

I've just read about aortic dissection in the thoracic area
    Why?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Why?!?!
    From another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The more I see this type of behavior, and it's especially evident with serial posters, it truly comes across like an addiction. Like the addict, they don't care where the next fix comes from and often hurt those close to them as well as others. They have no vision outside themselves and will do whatever they have to do to get their fix.
    I wonder what the treatment similarities, or lack thereof, are for this type of behavior is. I know addicts will commit (or be committed) to rehab and there are similar methods for severe mental health issues but what can be incorporated in both instances to be mutually beneficial?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The question was deliberately rhetorical.

Sometimes it helps the sufferer realise the error of their ways if they're asked to question their motives.

Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    The question was deliberately rhetorical.

Sometimes it helps the sufferer realise the error of their ways if they're asked to question their motives.

Sometimes.
    I get that.... The reaction/reply is what I'm pointing out. Those in the throes of the dragon's grasp exhibit virtually identical behavior/responses to those in the grips of addiction. The replies to similar challenging posts from addicts are strikingly similar.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information