Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ear muffled and feels 'full'

Re: Ear muffled and feels 'full'

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well I made it There were two therapists and seven users including me. And I was clearly the eldest user, most of them were my daughter's age. The therapists talked about social anxiety and shyness. While acknowledging the two originate from the same source, they are entirely different IMO. But then I'm not the expert. We have some homework to do for next week.

So that's that done. Now the anxiety can focus back on my ears again until next Monday.
    It's great that you managed to go and got through the first session but.......why decide what your anxiety will do next? You do have a choice and it isn't a self-fulfilling prophecy. Was your hearing compromised during this morning's session or was your anxiety firmly focused on getting through the session?

Hi pulisa. The hearing was fine up until about two thirds of the way through, then I got that pressure feeling again. It's usually worse around the middle of the day it seems.

Have you tried the steam treatment or do you think that is a waste of time? Do you think you have an acoustic neuroma?

I have tried the steam with menthol in a grease form, it seems to help a little but is short-lived. I had ruled out an acoustic neuroma on account of their rarity, something like 1 case per 100,000 people. I appreciate my constant search for reassurance can be tiresome.

Hi Fishman, sorry to hear your issues are still on going- I've had to deal with it for nearly two months before. It was awful, it's very off putting and it's hard. This is going to be a strange suggestion but something that helped me was having a hot water bottle, I'd put a tea-towel over the bottle before placing my head on it. The heat seemed to help me abit!

Thank you for that suggestion LouiseAndy that's very kind of you. We have a spare hot water bottle somewhere. I bought some menthol crystals this morning as opposed to grease. The grease version is a bit messier. Though I'm finding any relief from the menthol is short lived.

Is the the spray the doctor prescribed doing anything yet Fish? It's been a few days so I wondered if it had kicked in yet?

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky, its difficult to say really. Its the Beconase variety, that seems to be the default for steroid sprays? He did say to go back in 3 weeks so its been 5 days.

How's your ear now Fish? Any better?

Ghost…Spillways

Hi Darksky, a little better thank you, though still have that plugged feeling usually in a noisier environment.

That however is the least of my worries as our therapist at the group meetings revealed we will each be doing a short presentation come week 12. It may only be short but even so, this is nightmare territory. It strikes at the very core of my fears, the intention doubtless.

So returned home on autopilot whereby Mrs F took queer for me being late. This prompted a monumental row.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information