Thread: Tierd constantly

Tierd constantly

So although my anxiety and all that seem to be getting under control my latest problem is sleep i litrally oukd fall asleep at any time feel so tierd and in turn makes my anxiety come back if i fight the tierd and do not sleep anyone else have this problem?

Re: Tierd constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Mindsight View Post
    So although my anxiety and all that seem to be getting under control my latest problem is sleep i litrally oukd fall asleep at any time feel so tierd and in turn makes my anxiety come back if i fight the tierd and do not sleep anyone else have this problem?
    Did the tiredness begin soon after starting fluoxetine, or is it more recent, David? If the latter, was anything happening in your life that might have triggered it? Has it been a problem in the past? Are you taking fluoxetine for anxiety, depression, or both?

Hi panic it has only been the past week or so but i am putting it down to taking the pills later than normal. Back to work tomorrow so hopefully get my sleeping pattern sorted i am on these tabs for anxiety 20mg.

Hi panic it has only been the past week or so but i am putting it down to taking the pills later than normal.
    In theory, once plasma levels of an AD have stabilised to a stead-state, which takes about a month for fluoxetine, it shouldn't matter when you take them as the amount in your system should remain constant, however, in practise it sometimes does. ADs are weird, the 'quantum' meds of pharmacy in which just about anything that could happen probably will.

However, that said, the biggest trap we can fall into is to dismiss everything unusual, or untoward as 'it's the meds' instead of considering other possibilities. Get checked out by your GP if the tiredness doesn't resolve in a few days.

Many thanks panic, i have gone full circle to not being able to sleep lol

i have gone full circle to not being able to sleep lol
    Variety is said to be the spice of life, but sometimes blandness is much preferable.

Hopefully, this is just as transient as the tiredness, but if not consider asking your GP to prescribe a small dose of the sedating AD mirtazapine to help you nod off. Another of the sedating ADs, trazodone (Desyrel), would be even better because it has a much shorter half-life so the sedation is less likely to carry into the next morning, but UK GPs don't seem to prescribe it much.

Thread Information