Hi everyone and Happy New Year, I hope you are all well.

I was on Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 12 years and it just wasn’t working anymore, and I should mention that before Fluoxetine, I was on Sertraline for 6 months and although I seem to remember it working, I ended up switching due to weight gain. Anyway, like I said Fluoxetine wasn’t working and GP has switched me back to Sertraline and I’ve been on 25mg for a week working my way up. I feel awful, really flat, dark, depressed and anxious. I was sort of hoping that because I had been on an SSRI for 12 years, I wouldn’t have to do the 6 week wait for it to kick in as my brain would already be a custom to them. But it’s looking like this isn’t the case? Could anybody clarify this for me? Do you still have to do the 6 week kick in time wait when you switch from one SSRI to another? Does Sertraline get better? I’m feeling so lost, I’m sat in my living room with my 2 beautiful kids and all I want to do is be there for them as the best version of myself, and not feeling like this. I could really use a digital hug from you all, is anybody out there!?! :(