Hi everyone. I’ve been suffering with health anxiety for about ten years now. You name it, I’m sure I’ve had it; cancers, diabetes etc. Every time I’ve been wrong though and deep down I know I’m a healthy 29 year old, but my mind is constantly playing tricks on me.

Anyway, the one area that seemed to avoid my anxiety was my heart. That was until I got an Apple Watch and became obsessed with heart rate. I convinced myself I had bradycardia and then developed palpitations that feel like a heart rush. I know this is stupid because this only started since I got the watch and began focusing on my heart.

Has anyone else experienced this sensation with health anxiety? It’s like a rush through my heart that lasts for a second or two. I get around 5-10 per day and it’s lasted for several months. Is this something to be worried about? I hate going to the doctors (part of my anxiety), so want to see if this is a common symptom and nothing to worry about? Thanks in advance for comments and Happy New Year to all.