Thread: Worried!

Worried!

Happy new year everyone...my anxiety is through the roof right now. I rang the doctor a few days ago and when I said I was having heart palpitations and had a tingling left hand I had to go straight to A&E which really scared me. After 4 hours of waiting I had an ECG which was normal and a blood test which was normal and spoke to a doctor who said to try cutting out alcohol. He also recommended I made an appointment with my doctor to be referred for a heart scan and wear a 24 hour monitor to track my heart rate. I can’t help thinking that something really bad is going to happen. I’m always anxious and overwhelmed with the run up to Christmas but my palpitations are worse when I’m thinking about them. He wasn’t concerned about the tingling hand and said it could be carpel tunnel. I can’t cope with this, I’m so scared 😞

Re: Worried!

Well you have been checked out and nothing serious found so that is the good news to concentrate on. They would have done an urgent referral if they suspected something serious was going on.

Have you learnt any CBT coping techniques?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes I keep telling myself that. The fact that they didn't scan me at the hospital and left it up to me to contact my own GP for a refferal should put my mind at ease. I have never been offered CBT and don't know anything about it really. Usually the Fluoxetine keeps me sane (it's stopped my migraines) but the menopause isn't helping.

Try the online CBT course we recommend on here. You need to learn some coping techniques so you don't jump straight to the wrong conclusion.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I will take a look thank you :-)

Thread Information