So I had my first migraine aura when I was 21 (around 3 years ago). I had 4 that year, one the following year, and none this year (so far...) Clearly they are becoming less frequent, although I still get nervous about having another one since the last one was quite scary (after the visuals, I got numbness spreading through my body).

A news article popped up about whether or not migraine auras could be a diagnosis point for astrocytoma (brain tumour). SO NOW I'M FREAKING OUT. It's a slow growing tumour, so I'm worried that is what has caused my auras, and is just slowly getting bigger and bigger.

I read somewhere that brain tumours in the occipital lobe would cause short visual hallucinations (< 5 min) which made me feel a little better, as I usually have a blind spot for 5 min and then the zig zag appears for around 10. From there, it can be the end, or I'll get tingling/numbness and then maybe a headache or maybe not. I'm so scared it's related somehow to a brain tumour, what do I do as I think getting a brain scan would just be silly at my age but I'm so scared!