Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: World War 3

Re: World War 3

I agree. It is horrific but there's a line between sensible responsible journalism and media for clicks. It would upset me seeing animals burnt. And I don't accept it's because it's so horrible we must see it, it's to get clicks because they wouldn't show dead humans for fear of complaints but animals are thought less of so they will happily snap them for some extra credit.

Just getting back to the original topic for a second, I logged off the internet for best part of the last couple of weeks. I didn't even know Trump had bombed anyone until logging back onto this site. That's just how important this news is to my life...I didn't even notice.

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 04:18.

Honestly with these war theories and the Australian fires happening, it seems my fears of this new year and decade are possibly coming true. I can't seem to calm myself now and I'm close to panicking. :( I know the new year has just started but now I'm worrying about it more.

The whole Iranian crisis at the moment is yet another slap to my mostly calm disposition at the moment. I'm trying to remind myself how worried I was about the North Korean buisness a few years ago and how in the end we weren't all anhilated, but it's really hard. I'm also trying to remind myself that even if an actual war breaks out between Iran and the US it is a very long leap between this and a 'third world war' and much longer of a one towards any prospect a nuclear war, but the possibility is getting to me :(

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/i...001738312.html. they already attacked. I think Trump called for the hit that killed the General to turn the attention away from himself and his impeachment.

Iran will show some strength but whether that means more than it fizzling out soon is another matter.

To be honest, given the destruction of ISIS and their dispersement back into our countries where they can sleep for a bit and then start up terror campaigns, I would be more concerned about Iran helping them out to get at the US and Europe.

I just hope we stay out of all this as much as possible because if it comes down to terrorism it will us that suffer more than the US (in my opinion) with all the ex fighters roaming without the money to properly keep an eye on them.

But beware the media. All they care about is an increase in their profit margins.

I live near one of the possible targets if they choose to bomb us so am a bit worried , I live in San Diego CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    I live near one of the possible targets if they choose to bomb us so am a bit worried , I live in San Diego CA.
    Luckily I live somewhere no one would bomb as a fair bit of it looks like it has been bombed already. But what it has had a problem with is harbouring people now imprisoned for planning terrorism in the UK, some of which would have been in my city. We have problems keeping track of these returning fighters and other supporters so I could see Iran applying some influence there. But then I could be one of the many people stabbed or bottled when just out enjoying a few drinks in a pub in any city so I think we have to remember regular crime is far more likely to hurt us yet we perhaps don't consider that as much as we do these stories of politicians making power plays?

It's not the first attack on a country though and if they weren't nuclear it would be seen as a war on someone else's shore I expect?

Everyone will be trying to get all parties around the table so I guess we have to see what happens.

More replies than I expected on this thread. I'm basically dumb when it comes to these things usually so this is an informative (scary) read

Now Iran struck back, I wonder what will be done in retaliation leading up to the next World War

It's weird. Out of all the things that worry me, there being a ww3 isnt on the list.... how I see it is, especially with the nuclear weapons. No one is going to want to push that button first... once one presses another gets pressed and their country will be wiped out too, so they gain nothing

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information