Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: World War 3

Re: World War 3

Quote Originally Posted by bingjam View Post
    It's weird. Out of all the things that worry me, there being a ww3 isnt on the list.... how I see it is, especially with the nuclear weapons. No one is going to want to push that button first... once one presses another gets pressed and their country will be wiped out too, so they gain nothing
    thats how I look at it Bingham. I was never worried about North Korea flexing its muscles. One wrong move by them nuke wise and the US could wipe out their entire country. Kim threatened CA but he never did anything. Then low and behold before you knew it Trump was in NK boasting about being the first president to do so.

The Jeremy Whine show on R2 is full of it. Feeding into anxious people's worrys. He really is the radio version of the Daily Fail. Meanwhile in Wilkos this morning people are laughing and getting on with their lives, just as it should be. Leave the tit for tat chest thumping and sabre rattling to the 'leaders'. I use that word sarcastically because they are all di@ks.

Ghost…Spillways

Something to understand about modern war.

Since (I estimate) the Korean War, America learned just how much money there is in creating enough fear that the public accepts their government killing people that can't fight back effectively. Sure, you might lose a few "all American (insert your local hero's nationality here) hero's" along the way, but that's a price worth paying.

Every single conflict is now about money, period. And every single country on the planet is far too interdependent on one another to even think about all out war. China owns us, we own them, they own the other and we all own Africa. The people in charge of the nukes, are the ones also building factories where they say they'll direct the nukes to. Ain't gonna happen. But as long as you're scared, you're going to vote for the a55holes spending 2 trillion on guns instead of hospitals.

Hell, I can't wait for Trump to leave office. It seem they are after him, I read somewhere they have a bounty on his head now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    thats how I look at it Bingham. I was never worried about North Korea flexing its muscles. One wrong move by them nuke wise and the US could wipe out their entire country. Kim threatened CA but he never did anything. Then low and behold before you knew it Trump was in NK boasting about being the first president to do so.

The Jeremy Whine show on R2 is full of it. Feeding into anxious people's worrys. He really is the radio version of the Daily Fail. Meanwhile in Wilkos this morning people are laughing and getting on with their lives, just as it should be. Leave the tit for tat chest thumping and sabre rattling to the 'leaders'. I use that word sarcastically because they are all di@ks.
    Exactly. Outside of newspaper comments sections, online debating forums and anxiety sites no one gives a toss about this. It will be thought about briefly and quickly replaced by whatever else we are doing or watching on TV.

If they are meant to be scaring us into voting for them they are doing a bad job because the vast majority of us of view these power struggles as the norm. The media are always the real winners getting the clicks.

Iran have just had to show some strength otherwise they will look pathetic to their people who they have drummed up into the streets (but then how many are there because they may face reprisal if they are not?) so they blast off a few missiles.

To those worried they might want to talk to those of us who have lived through the previous conflicts. Can anyone else like me remember how the Iraq wars were viewed as a load of boring nonsense we wanted off our tellies? We were apparently involved in a war. Unless you had loved ones involved or lived closer to Iraq you were not affected other than the usual scaremongering over things not being on supermarket shelves.

Life goes on. It went on all through the IRA bombings and unless you actually lived in NI how much was different other than when a bombing occurred?

We actually lived through more then than now. The only difference now is we gave 24/7 news that is so bereft of actual news it is filled up with opinion.

And yes, they are all d1cks in politics whether left, right or down the centre.

I don't know how old you are Terry but I'm 62 so yes I do remember living through worse. I remember when the US and the USSR were threatening to nuke the planet into oblivion...was it in the early/mid 7Os? Also yes the IRA, my OH worked for the MoD at the time but even then life wasn't affected too much. I also remember like you Terry the Iraq wars.

its true, too much twitbook and all the various arms of social media whipping stuff up, 24 hour sky news ramming it down our throats. I'm actually glad that Harry and Megan have taken top place in the news today. Although I'm getting bored of that now

Ghost…Spillways

Can't we send them to Iran as Special Envoys? Without a protection squad. By economy class to save the planet of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    I don't know how old you are Terry but I'm 62 so yes I do remember living through worse. I remember when the US and the USSR were threatening to nuke the planet into oblivion...was it in the early/mid 7Os? Also yes the IRA, my OH worked for the MoD at the time but even then life wasn't affected too much. I also remember like you Terry the Iraq wars.

its true, too much twitbook and all the various arms of social media whipping stuff up, 24 hour sky news ramming it down our throats. I'm actually glad that Harry and Megan have taken top place in the news today. Although I'm getting bored of that now
    I'm 44 so the Falklands and the Cold War are a little before my time. I wasn't old enough and it was the Gulf Wars when I was. IRA terrorism meant we had school evacuations due to bomb threats from idiot hoaxers and just plonkers leaving bags lying about. One of my early jobs meant I was working near to a big transformer so we were mindful of terrorism then and had to have evacuation plans.

A remote base gets bombed nowadays and we are all panicking. Back during the NI troubles we had the Tory Party Conference Bombing along with the bombings of innocent people. These, like current terrorism, are far more shocking. I can't imagine what living in NI would have been like although I did have mates who served over there.

Other than the terrorism we have now we are much safer in the UK. Imagine how bad the media would have been throughout the Cold War? That was a time that any CTer or TV speculator would have loved. The TV "experts" would be making millions out of continual appearances to yabber on about some "possibility" or "interpretation" of a speech.

Like I said before I find it interesting that terrorism and war spike anxiety yet where are the threads worrying about getting stabbed or run over? These are far more likely to happen to normal people than a SCUD landing on their head.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Can't we send them to Iran as Special Envoys? Without a protection squad. By economy class to save the planet of course.
    That would be nice. Isn't she in with the Clooney's so that may be a possibility? I'm not sure what Harry thinks but does that even matter...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information