Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Came of Promazine. And ran out of valium. Woke up vomiting like crazy.

Came of Promazine. And ran out of valium. Woke up vomiting like crazy.

Decided to come off promazine a few days back. They're no good long term. Dangerous drugs tbh and since I've stopped taking them I am no longer sleepy all day. I slept at 1 last night and was up at 9. Apart from sweating I slept ok. Oh, and my sex drive came back with a vengeance. Sorry, lol.

But, doctor didn't put my repeat through again so Friday wasn't able to pick up my valium and paroxatine. I've still got paroxatine and taking them as normal. Thankfully no anxiety at all. Usually I freak when I vomit but I was just chill. Aside from that I don't actually feel unwell.

I got annoyed my son took the last packet of crisps this morning. That could be a warning sign. But, it's only happened today which is the day I've had no valium. I'm keeping an eye on that.

I'm positive. I'm happy. I'm focused. Just making a note of this.

Re: Came of Promazine. And ran out of valium. Woke up vomiting like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    doctor didn't put my repeat through again so Friday wasn't able to pick up my valium and paroxatine. I've still got paroxatine and taking them as normal.
    Running out of paroxetine is the far bigger risk as withdrawal can begin quickly. Diazepam has a long elimination half-life so is slower to trigger symptoms. Give the GP a boot up the backside and make sure you get both scripts on Monday.

I got annoyed my son took the last packet of crisps this morning.
    I don't blame you. Force feed him yucky crisps such as salt and vinegar until he learns his lesson!

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    I don't blame you. Force feed him yucky crisps such as salt and vinegar until he learns his lesson!
    Force fed him a tub of twiglets with marmite dip.

Yeah the paraxotine are horrible when you miss just one dose of them. Still on them, they're doing there thing. I might aswell stop taking diazepam now. Going to keep them around in case but I don't think I need them every day anymore.

I might aswell stop taking diazepam now. Going to keep them around in case but I don't think I need them every day anymore.
    Sounds like you're finally moving in the right direction, mate. While the long diazepam half-life usually makes it easier to quit than many other psych meds, withdrawal symptoms can, often do, occur if it is stopped abruptly. Get your doctors' advice for the best way to taper off.

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Called the doctor today. Feel horrendous. I told him I came off promazine and he told me to continue to take them until I've had my assessment with the mental health team. He said he highly advises I don't just stop my medications and as he's not in complete control of them he told me to take them. He said the dose I'm on is small and any chance of adverse reactions long term are slim to non.

So not really moving forward much, but yes I am finally moving in the right direction mentally. Went out for meal yesterday and it was a challenge, but it's a huge milestone for me.

So not really moving forward much, but yes I am finally moving in the right direction mentally. Went out for meal yesterday and it was a challenge, but it's a huge milestone for me.
    That is very good news.

Given some of the limitations imposed by NHS procedures it might pay to play along with the mental health team until you've recovered enough to wave them a fond goodbye. Which doesn't mean you should just slavishly obey all their whims. If you're concerned about any of their recommendations then by all means firmly, though calmly, challenge them. Make them state their case.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    That is very good news.

Given some of the limitations imposed by NHS procedures it might pay to play along with the mental health team until you've recovered enough to wave them a fond goodbye. Which doesn't mean you should just slavishly obey all their whims. If you're concerned about any of their recommendations then by all means firmly, though calmly, challenge them. Make them state their case.
    Good advice. Apparently there's a letter on route with an appointment to see the mental health team so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your input throughout. It's been very helpful PDU.

Feeling worse now that I'm back on the other meds. Slept for ages. Can't keep eyes open. Nausea. Anxiety. Very vivid dreams that are literally like reality. I don't know if this reality is real or I'm still in a dream. Like I'm stuck in the waking up stage.

Sorry you're having a rough time. How long until you can see somebody to help you make some changes to your meds?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sorry you're having a rough time. How long until you can see somebody to help you make some changes to your meds?
    Not sure, I'll know once I get the letter. They're usually about 3-4 weeks after getting letter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information