Hello all,

Hope you are all OK and the year has started well for you all.

My question is aimed at the ALS infatuation/obsession/fear and muscle weakness.

I understand that ALS is about failure. Most initial symptoms are about failing. But can ALS ever strike a smaller/weaker muscle and therefore not be noticed? My question stems from a rather sore point to the left of my left shoulder blade. The pain is only ever felt when touched. For the last week I have been getting weird full aches in my left arm (same side as shoulder pain). Clearly this is connected. I was wondering, if a muscle on my back shoulder was being effected neurologically then maybe that is causing strain/inflammation on the muscles surrounding it hence the pain when touched?

I admit I have health anxiety. My GP didnt even do a physical on me when I saw her this week. She just flatly denied MND and said it's all to do with anxiety which in one way is amazing that she was so confident, but HEALTH ANXIETY DRAGON does not allow or accept that. Instead I am questioning why she didnt do a physical? Why didnt she ask me about my physical sensations? My subtle ache and weak feeling in my arm? She has signed me up to CBT so that's a huge positive.

But I am just not convinced unfortunately and selfishly as that sounds. My health anxiety obsession just wont let me be convinced that my pain in the shoulder is an indirect response to a dead muscle in my shoulder somewhere. I am fed up of waking up every morning to see if I can use my hands, gripping things, standing on my toes, squeezing my phone as hard as I can. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has done this.

Again, apologies for sounding so selfish :( I understand logic and fact, but accepting it is the issue.

Peace