Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
Yes I know im not very happy about that I have been looking at retirement but it’s 68 for that and I worked out with rising wages I could knock a day off maybe when im a bit older and semi retire? But perhaps if I blog all my travels I could gather enough followers to reduce the work load even earlier? I am desperate to reduce my work load I work just over 20 hours over 4 days that’s not much to some people. But Labour did suggest a 4 day working week I support that. I once worked full time 35 hours and hated it I had more cash but was very miserable.
Labour can promise us all a free unicorn for all the hope they have of winning an election until they ditch the Jezzas out of their leadership. Remember reducing everyone's hours means needing many more millions of citizens as the same hours still have to be worked. And today we are far more 24/7 than the seventies when this last happened.

I think you will be extremely lucky to retire early. I've never known anyone working full time thinking they have a shot at that without a lottery win or a huge salary.

Give it time at work because you are new. Perhaps they will be more comfortable with you the more they get to know you? But some places may have cliques too.