Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

A link here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...356.html%3famp

This confirms social distancing is to be phased out. I believe Isle of Man is the in Uk to ditch all social distance which means pubs can open and no queuing at stores which is good news.

Back to normal then for you, Phil..Not so for the rest of us.

I suppose it's a generation thing? Younger people are annoyed that their social lives are disrupted by the lockdown whereas older people just want to preserve their lives and those they care for. Older people are just seen as natural wastage by the young and more deaths from this bracket could clear the way for a reversal of Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Back to normal then for you, Phil..Not so for the rest of us.

I suppose it's a generation thing? Younger people are annoyed that their social lives are disrupted by the lockdown whereas older people just want to preserve their lives and those they care for. Older people are just seen as natural wastage by the young and more deaths from this bracket could clear the way for a reversal of Brexit.

Working in essential services, I see people of all ages. The divide I see is political. I've seen more young people wearing masks where I work as opposed to older people who lean right politically. Their comments affirm what I see.

I believe in this case, its purely self absorption and selfishness. This is being affirmed with each and every post. The sad fact is that there are some people who are just nasty human beings, only concerned for themselves at the expense of others. We just happen to be witness to that in this and other threads.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes and many have been 80 plus with health issues. What about the younger generation and millennials? Lost education? No future no idea when schools will return or if they will be behind and university and college places at risk if they don’t have the grades. Moral questions need asked when transmission is very low in schools hence no social distancing when they reopen. People’s prospects have been dented we have a mental health crisis as people can’t exercise in gyms and stay well. I may seem selfish however I can sympathise with people hard done by the lockdown and I am sure after it questions will be asked.
    Don't you think the younger generations might prefer their grandparents alive if it means some minor sacrifices this year? If not, I despair.

I don't see wearing masks, not travelling, no concerts, etc as hard done by. If that's the worst life gives you, think yourself very lucky.

If your mental health hinges on exercising in a gym you perhaps need to consider the possibility you already have mental health issues as you shouldn't need that crutch. Besides you can exercise outside a gym and many don't go to them preferring other methods. Jog, cycle, do some HIIT at home as it's very adaptable, lift some rocks, dig some holes, carry some bricks or buy some weights.

I miss my Grandparents they were a constant presence in my life.
    Maybe Phill buy a punching bag and some gloves and bash the shite out of it,you will work up a sweat and feel better afterwards.I joined a gym and waste of good money I only went a few times but you would like it they have lots of mirrors in those places.

I agree..Gyms are just a load of hype and a huge waste of money.

No I don’t go to gyms myself but was just making a point about them

Today I seen a singer with loud speaker singing outside someone’s house. Crazy this can go ahead yet they say droplets mean music cant go ahead. Never mind I heard next review is 23rd July for live music

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I agree..Gyms are just a load of hype and a huge waste of money.
    "Temples of vanity and virtue" as I prefer to see them.

Yep and big boys on steroids.
    Have you seen one when they loose their temper on Steroids I have

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information