Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So you fear being judged negatively and need to prove your "worth" online by posting perfect photos of holidays or celebs which you think will impress people?

Would you have much interaction with people in real life if you were to delete your social media accounts? You do sound very reliant on social media and place a great deal of importance on people's responses/reactions.
    I do know many of these people in person as I do have a group of friends. Course there is many who I don’t see much ex work mates and yes I do like it perfect like a tv character. And yes reactions are important but that is the generation these days it’s common for younger people to relay on social media.

I do thing there is something suspicious about life that I never got the footballer to come. Why go to the effort to make up a contract ect it definitely plays into my solispism ideas. If you are going to pay good money surely anybody would turn up I think it’s all about treating me a lesson or something

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I do thing there is something suspicious about life that I never got the footballer to come. Why go to the effort to make up a contract ect it definitely plays into my solispism ideas. If you are going to pay good money surely anybody would turn up I think it’s all about treating me a lesson or something

Or it may be that you misunderstood the terms of the contract? Did you actually pay up front for this footballer to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I do know many of these people in person as I do have a group of friends. Course there is many who I don’t see much ex work mates and yes I do like it perfect like a tv character. And yes reactions are important but that is the generation these days it’s common for younger people to relay on social media.
    Relay or rely? Or maybe both? Maybe not so much when you are in your thirties and settled, though? You don't really need to impress the internet anymore.

Or it may be that you misunderstood the terms of the contract? Did you actually pay up front for this footballer to attend?
    There was never any money passed on this occasion. At my stag I did pay money but the agent refunded me. This time they wanted payment on the day. The last footballer wanted to stay all night and have a drink but this time the agents seemed to think the guy turns up for a 30 min speech and goes hone so they went quiet when I wouldn’t agree to those terms.

So basically there was no agreement and no contract. No payment either. That's why he didn't turn up.

No conspiracy theory and no need to bring "solipsism" into something that was never booked and paid for.

So basically there was no agreement and no contract. No payment either. That's why he didn't turn up.

No conspiracy theory and no need to bring "solipsism" into something that was never booked and paid for.
    Well money was paid for my stag but not this event. There was a contract but I refused to sign it. I still think it’s fishy they ignored me when they could have got a fee. It was about 4-5 agents which went quiet not just one. Anyway problem was the reaction from family and forum members thats why I ditched that idea.

My concern is if the singer became famous as it happens and I don’t blog. It’s an anxiety issue as I end up fighting with myself saying maybe I should post maybe I shouldn’t post. Maybe tossing a might throw a better answer? I sort of regret having a so called party now when I dislike big birthday fusses. Problem was I was keen to relive the stag night. But yes as it’s a big birthday putting it on social media is a stumbling block some people put banners on Facebook pics some people have a quiet one I wish I had made it quiet now for my partner

so they went quiet when I wouldn’t agree to those terms.

There was a contract but I refused to sign it.

I still think it’s fishy they ignored me when they could have got a fee.
    Phil, what can't you understand about this ? - you didn't agree to their contract, you didn't sign it, they needed the contract signed. Contracts are important, and if you didn't agree to it and demanded something different, then its no wonder they 'went quiet'. Nothing fishy, nothing odd, nothing unexpected in this. You can't just have your own demands met, and thats why they ignored you because you didn't agree to the booking contract. What did you honestly expect, that they would tailor make a contract that covers everything you wanted ??? They can get the same money elsewhere.

To my mind this is a very similar situation to the one where you argued with your new manager about having your phone in work, when you were told not to use it and did anyway. This is about rules, and your inability to think they apply to you.
    Last edited by Carys; 20-02-20 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, what can't you understand about this ? - you didn't agree to their contract, you didn't sign it, they needed the contract signed. Contracts are important, and if you didn't agree to it and demanded something different, then its no wonder they 'went quiet'. Nothing fishy, nothing odd, nothing unexpected in this. You can't just have your own demands met, and thats why they ignored you because you didn't agree to the booking contract. What did you honestly expect, that they would tailor make a contract that covers everything you wanted ??? They can get the same money elsewhere.
    Yes true I can see they couldn’t meet my needs by staying all night.

I have opted to go and buy the cd today it is making me anxious if I post on social media however I realise I can delete the post/hide it at any time perhaps I need to try and deal with the anxiety?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information