Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Lightbulb Birthday plans

As many of you know I had a stag last year booked an ex footballer signed a contract but it fell through as they wanted cash in advance of the event. It caused divided opinion with my family who felt I was showing off. So a year later I have booked the same venue but for a birthday (not mine) I have photos and video being done like before but it’s really on my bucket list to meet a footballer? Why I want to discuss football in depth and these reality soap stars do nothing for me. Last time I mentioned a footballer people moaned on forums too. But yeah just looking for sensible advice as it’s the actual booking and fearing a backlash that’s causing me some anxiety but perhaps people can sympathise with my regret from 2019? Most of these things mean going via agents and this year one mentioned they would only come for half an hour which isn’t long.

Re: Birthday plans

No idea what your question is here Phil and how you want people to respond to you?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    No idea what your question is here Phil and how you want people to respond to you?
    Well I worry about the backlash from my mother as will trigger my anxiety. The ocd stops me living life to the full last time I booked it I got doubts and cancelled for whatever reason. I will be honest and say anything my mum says I don’t do like she moaned about me going private for CBT sure I still done it but her opinion causes me anxiety

Can you not just go to a pub and have a meal - why all the big show stuff?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Can you not just go to a pub and have a meal - why all the big show stuff?
    Sure like I had this debate last year and people said that about my stag but everybody had a great time that’s the thing I don’t regret it I just wish I could do it all over again.

But do we really need to go back here again and post it on here?

Just go and do what you want - you really don't need our input on this AGAIN - you know it just causes arguments and friction

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    But do we really need to go back here again and post it on here?

Just go and do what you want - you really don't need our input on this AGAIN - you know it just causes arguments and friction
    Yes you are correct.

Perhaps I was more asking about the tension with my mum as she also stops me doing more private CBT. I fear her opinion in a way I need her approval. I fear this is what causes me the anxiety and stops me making a choice. If she approved my anxiety would go down and I’d book? She said people would laugh at me bit harsh but she is very old school.

She's probably looking out for you and appreciates that you are vulnerable. Personally I'd never want to buy a footballer's time or anyone else's for that matter but I'm probably from your mother's generation so "old school" in your eyes. Who is this footballer anyway? Ally McCoist? Gazza?

I think it’s your party and your decision and also whether you think the party would benefit from it. If you choose to have a footballer then please just stand up and own your decision, anxiety or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think it’s your party and your decision and also whether you think the party would benefit from it. If you choose to have a footballer then please just stand up and own your decision, anxiety or not.
    This is not Phil's birthday. I think that it could be his wife's.

Phil he will not be interested in having an in depth discussion about football, especially if he is only there for half an hour, he is interested in the money.

I agree that it sounds as though your Mum is trying to look out for you, but at the end of the day you will make your own decision and nothing said here will make any difference.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information