Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Can't believe I'm weighing in, but Phil, don't use your wife's birthday to accomplish your own goals. Only a dick would do something like that. Don't be a dick.

Oh we are back to Phil's wife's birthday...and basically yeah, what Blue says above ^

By the way, I would laugh at someone who paid for a minor (or any celeb) to attend a social event.

I paid a comedian who was actually an ex footballer (non famous) for my stag. But he was a well known comedian still.

People spend lots on parties these days. It looks unlikely I can go ahead as the agents are messing me about saying they can only come 30 mins which is hardly worth the cash. When I posted about it for my stag the person was going to come all night which atleast makes it worth the money. But obviously I am worried about my mums opinion aswell.

I am surprised people like family moan at me when I booked singers and so forth for the wedding and stag these things have made me happy and given me great pleasure in listening music and picking songs. For years I enjoyed going to pubs watching bands it has been fantastic to book stuff myself which I see as my hobby fund cash after I pay bills. I realise the problem with the footballer is people think it’s a bit flash.

So yes it’s a wait and see. I would say it’s unlikely though as these agents always fire random names at me when I say Im
    not happy and that’s not how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think it’s your party and your decision and also whether you think the party would benefit from it. If you choose to have a footballer then please just stand up and own your decision, anxiety or not.
    Yes that’s what I need to do. I suffer the exact same anxiety about booking flights ect I doubt my decision which results in lots of anxiety. It’s the anxiety I need to deal with better.

I realise the problem with the footballer is people think it’s a bit flash.
    No, thats not the problem. Its crass, vacuous, tasteless, misguided and just revolting to think of wanting to pay someone to come along to your WIFE'S party (and she has no interest in football at all). Celebrity worship makes me wanna puke.. In my opinion a footballer is no better or different to any other person, their achievements are just their job and the fact that you are placing them on a pedestal where they are worthy of being PAID to come along just to try and vainly impress people is really unpleasant.
    Last edited by Carys; 06-01-20 at 20:05.

The problem with the footballer is that this isn't your party. Pay somebody who was once paid to kick a ball around on your own special day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    This is not Phil's birthday. I think that it could be his wife's.

Phil he will not be interested in having an in depth discussion about football, especially if he is only there for half an hour, he is interested in the money.

I agree that it sounds as though your Mum is trying to look out for you, but at the end of the day you will make your own decision and nothing said here will make any difference.
    Does Phil’s wife like football?

Phil does your wife like football?!

NO she doesn't apparently Scass, the reason I am able to reply so quickly and easily about this is that Phil has simply started a new thread about something that has been discussed in great detail a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    No, thats not the problem. Its crass, vacuous, tasteless, misguided and just revolting to think of wanting to pay someone to come along to your WIFE'S party (and she has no interest in football at all). Celebrity worship makes me wanna puke.. In my opinion a footballer is no better or different to any other person, their achievements are just their job and the fact that you are placing them on a pedestal where they are worthy of being PAID to come along just to try and vainly impress people is really unpleasant.
    I am already paying a few singers video and photo so what difference would it make. There isn’t anything wrong with paying for people because nothing in life is free. Sure I can use a camera phone but my stag photos were very good the pub puts pics up every weekend so I got the idea from that.

Are you capable of understanding the concept of it being your wife's birthday and not yours?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information