Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    NO she doesn't apparently Scass, the reason I am able to reply so quickly and easily about this is that Phil has simply started a new thread about something that has been discussed in great detail a while ago.
    I don’t remember making any comment on if she likes football or if it’s her birthday. It doesn’t matter who’s night out it is my stag was MY night and I had the same responses and that was a night out for me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Are you capable of understanding the concept of it being your wife's birthday and not yours?
    Where did I say it was her birthday though?

Are you capable of understanding the concept of it being your wife's birthday and not yours?

A very clear and exceptionally valid question Blue.

We have been here before and as I recall Phil didn't seem able to actually consider doing something that bore relation to the types of things his wife liked/was interested in though.

Where did I say it was her birthday though?
    In a much earlier thread, a couple of months ago.

A very clear and exceptionally valid question Blue.

We have been here before and as I recall Phil didn't seem able to actually consider doing something that bore relation to the types of things his wife liked/was interested in though.

In a much earlier thread, a couple of months ago.
    She does have a birthday but it doesn’t matter who’s night out it’s for it could be my sisters 40th that is also this year. People tried to make my stag about my wife too.

And nobody knows my wife or family so nobody can comment on if she likes football or if my family like it. They could love or hate it but I never said. I said before this isn’t about my wife it’s something I want to book. Interestingly my partner has a sister and he (her husband) booked stuff or her birthday at one point too. It does happen not everybody plans there own birthday Infact most of these things are often a surprise.

Ha ha ! No clearly it really doesn't MATTER who the party is for, from your perspective Phil. Its about YOU and what you want.

And nobody knows my wife or family so nobody can comment on if she likes football
    You seem to forget Phil - you have blogged your life on here for 14 years, so you have told us she doesn't like football in the past. You have told us all about her party and your plans.

Ha ha ! No clearly it really doesn't MATTER who the party is for, from your perspective Phil. Its about YOU and what you want.

You forget you have blogged your life on here for 14 years, so you have told us she doesn't like football in the past.
    I don’t remember. People get into football I use to hate football when I was 16/17. Then I changed. My partner has been to football matches with me as long as 5/6 years ago so I don’t follow that opinion. What I DID say was she wasn’t supportive of my choice to book one for my stag as she worried about the cost.

And yeah she doesn’t suffer anxiety so offcourse it’s about me I’m here for some help about my anxiety about these issues. But as I said it looks unlikely I will go ahead due to agents messing me about. If this happens perhaps I may have to go to sportsman dinners and do it another way. I realise not everything in life goes to plan.

there are a lot of ex professionals who would turn up for a donation to charity of their choice, I`d have a look on twitter or similar and see who`s about.
    I`ve been to various sportsmans dinner / charity signing type events and once the `ooh theres so and so` has worn off they are usually good hearted people trying to help one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    there are a lot of ex professionals who would turn up for a donation to charity of their choice, I`d have a look on twitter or similar and see who`s about.
    I`ve been to various sportsmans dinner / charity signing type events and once the `ooh theres so and so` has worn off they are usually good hearted people trying to help one way or another
    True Twitter is maybe more direct rather than via agents I just feel a bit embrassed asking in a public place but I guess I have nothing to lose.

The question is, and only ever will be, - what does the person who's birthday this is actually want? We've been here before and you said you wanted something for yourself as well as for others so why not book your own present. That's up to you but as long as it's not at the cost, and that includes the attention on the night, of the person who the night should revolve around.

If I was at a party where someone booked a footballer for someone who never wanted one I would question who was booking and why. You can book the footballer to come to your own events any day of the year so why use someone elses's event for it? How will they feel about that? You are worried your mum thinks it's stupid but you don't seem concerned how the person the event revolves around will feel about it.

It's not my thing, flash maybe but I'm with Carys on this one as I find it more about bragging and status. It's one for the Facebook/Twitter types who spend their days uploading pics of their dinner or sending out updates on how their house is or their new car.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information