Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

It's not my thing, flash maybe but I'm with Carys on this one as I find it more about bragging and status. It's one for the Facebook/Twitter types who spend their days uploading pics of their dinner or sending out updates on how their house is or their new car.
    Especially when most people on social media wouldn't even care or probaby even know who the 'famous' footballer is

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Especially when most people on social media wouldn't even care or probaby even know who the 'famous' footballer is
    True. And this is something that phil needs to consider when his mum says she would laugh or be embarassed. To me inviting an ex footballer would be akin to inviting Katie Price.

Some people are going to laugh at you unless you all share the same interests. That's just life.

I'm sure you wouldn't turn down a birthday visit from La Vorderman, Terry...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure you wouldn't turn down a birthday visit from La Vorderman, Terry...
    I've tried but since her bum lifts (sorry, I mean all those squats she's been doing to shape only that one part of the body overnight ) I've been struggling to find a cake she can actually jump out of.

So the situation is I am highly unlikely to get an ex footballer now due to my emails not being replied to or people being unavailable. I had an agent mess me about something awful so money saved it seems.

I wasn’t going to blog on social media about it due to my ocd about not wanting to put special birthdays on Facebook. However I am inclined just to put it all up singers and everything since people thought an ex footballer was flash what the heck have I got to lose? It might just annoy them a bit more blogging it..

But I am not having a good time of social media right make I did try and add a few from work but they never accepted so I cancelled so I’ve been trying to rein in from social media.

That said the fact people got on there high horse about a footballer no different to booking a magician or comedian or artist it makes no odds. I believe people felt it was too flash. I know her mum already thinks what we are doing is extravagant so why don’t I just blog it it might not be what I want for my ocd but it might annoy a few people as they may feel it is still flash

But that's life, phil! Some people go to nightclubs, and pay over the odds, for a glimpse of Katie Price talking about what she did on some bloke's nob 20 years ago. Some find this interesting, others think it's bloody stupid.

We aren't born into echo chambers. You have to learn to deal with differences of opinion...despite how some today think the world should work around them than you work around the world.

I would think it naff to invite an ex footballer but someone who grew up watching him play might find it interesting to have a personal chat (one which you have to pay for the privilege of). It's that person's prerogative how they spend their money on themselves.

But here is the thing we are all saying in this thread -------> it's not your event. It's like how some people buy themselves a present on someone else's birthday or buying a present you can enjoy when the only focus should be on getting the person what they want.

It won't annoy people, well some might be annoyed just as they would seeing something in a newspaper or on TV, but they will more likely look at it as daft. When it comes to money and status there can also be ego and envy involved on both sides. But then if you blog your life on social media you must expect the fallout that comes with it just as you would if you printed 500 posters saying how great you were one night or how much you spent on xyz and plastered them all over town...someone is bound to draw a nob on your head on at least one poster because that's what some people are like.

I've just eaten an entire Cadburys Chocolate Orange. It's not healthy, its greedy and you can all tell me I'm a pig but I don't care!!! (See how it works, phil? I still ate it knowing I'm going to get a mixture of "you lucky devil" and "you fat pig" back but that's my fault as I plastered it online )

Yes I get what you are saying. I am just sick of social media though someone up a post of who likes your posts and it was a stadium full of people vs a stadium with a handful which is very true.

I have had some difficulties with her parents for a while they favour the other guys partner (her sister) he’s a drunk and lazy guy but they (her dad) once called me a waster despite me being hard working pay my own mortgage ect my partner was very annoyed at them for this. They said she has a horrible life only a few days ago because I have ocd? That’s a bit harsh again she strongly disagrees and says she is happy.

So what was the ocd well they came visiting we never put the wheelie bin out so they went out and I noticed my bin was on the street they came home and it was gone. They assumption was it was a neighbour as she possibly does this but I got worried it was her mum? Logically it could have been her sister or my partner but my ocd went with it being her mum but she has denied it was her. But obviously I never believed it but she shouldn’t be hating me for having ocd (her mum)

They save money and shop in Aldi and sit with the heating off so we believe they are jealous that we spend our money on nice holidays rather than save. Also I have a nice house they never approved of us moving and wanted us to stay in the old flat. My sisters partner is annoyed her birthday night out would be better than the one planned for his partner he is worried the same guests won’t go which is not true as they said they will. He wouldn’t work out on his first choice venue as like her parents they don’t spend a penny.

On the other hand my parents see we are happy and glad we enjoy our money and there is no jealousy with anybody not even our friends. But yes perhaps I could put on Facebook maybe it will annoy them or perhaps I will step back and keep
    it private it’s such a trivial matter but it causes me lots of anxiety

I am still suffering anxiety about the social media side of things. One days I decide I will post about my partners birthday and other days I decide it’s best not to? What do I do? The last time I did this I had a worry about putting I was in Amsterdam on Facebook in the end I did post but this event isn’t until June so the anxiety kicks in? Also I added a few work colleagues in my new shop a few months back but none accepted so I cancelled should I try adding other ones now or leave it? My ocd makes me worry I spoke to them before and it’s tainted. I worry I have spoke to one of the performers at my partners birthday too when I was single as she is on a dating site. How can I get over this social media anxiety? My worry is if I don’t post the anxiety wins?

Also I read a famous singer started in bars 3 years ago and is now playing London’s o2 perhaps I need to blog this on social media just incase he becomes famous as the guy I booked is already in hmv? Any thoughts?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information