Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Phil some people, like myself, like to keep work and personal life seperate, it does not necessarily mean that they don't like you but simply that they want to maintain a work/life balance.
    I don’t buy that.

I only gave about 6 about a day to accept then cancelled. My reason was I kept the request to somebody for 2 weeks and they never accepted so I gave up. In my old shop I was there for 4 years most of the staff changed my only Hope is they have a complete reshuffle of staff and maybe hire some nicer staff. Perhaps they never knew me well when I added them and I don’t speak don’t. much but never mind. What annoys me people who delete you somebody who recently attended my wedding deleted me which I found surprising I mean why he be turn upto the wedding? Perhaps they dislike what I post on social media. If I put I’m going on holiday I can easily drop a few friends that’s the society we live in?

Also I am obviously anxious about social media but perhaps I should just become a travel blogger that way I might make a quick buck and escape retail? I see quite a few travel bloggers but I am unsure how some of them don’t work. I see some who work but some go on daily flights which seems a very nice life?

Phil, if you want that sort of life you're going to be working 24/7. You also have to be either very physically attractive, a damned good writer or (preferably) both, not to mention an expert at self-promotion.

Phil, don't be naive. You need to keep your job in retail and you need to have a regular income. You need structure and routine to help you manage your anxiety.

You need to give people longer than a day to respond to invitations Phil. They might have to check plans, arrange babysitters, ask their partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You need to give people longer than a day to respond to invitations Phil. They might have to check plans, arrange babysitters, ask their partners.
    Yes I know it was rash to give it a day I was so annoyed about the other person I assumed they would all do the same so that’s why I have the grudge with work. Sure I can add them again perhaps I will wait until they add me or I will try again in a while once they know me better.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I don’t buy that.

I only gave about 6 about a day to accept then cancelled. My reason was I kept the request to somebody for 2 weeks and they never accepted so I gave up. In my old shop I was there for 4 years most of the staff changed my only Hope is they have a complete reshuffle of staff and maybe hire some nicer staff. Perhaps they never knew me well when I added them and I don’t speak don’t. much but never mind. What annoys me people who delete you somebody who recently attended my wedding deleted me which I found surprising I mean why he be turn upto the wedding? Perhaps they dislike what I post on social media. If I put I’m going on holiday I can easily drop a few friends that’s the society we live in?
    I'm the same as Elen. I would have my work mates but otherwise I try to keep things in their boxes. I'm not a fan of everyone living in each other's daily lives and as you progress through management it can present problems.

Some people are also on social media just for friends & family. Not everyone buys into the oneupmanship of likes and endless posting of what sandwich they have today.

It can be a bugbear for companies too. Whole new policies and corporate monitoring of staff had to be created. Plus it has become a way for companies to sack people due to media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Phil, don't be naive. You need to keep your job in retail and you need to have a regular income. You need structure and routine to help you manage your anxiety.
    Yes I know im not very happy about that I have been looking at retirement but it’s 68 for that and I worked out with rising wages I could knock a day off maybe when im a bit older and semi retire? But perhaps if I blog all my travels I could gather enough followers to reduce the work load even earlier? I am desperate to reduce my work load I work just over 20 hours over 4 days that’s not much to some people. But Labour did suggest a 4 day working week I support that. I once worked full time 35 hours and hated it I had more cash but was very miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm the same as Elen. I would have my work mates but otherwise I try to keep things in their boxes. I'm not a fan of everyone living in each other's daily lives and as you progress through management it can present problems.

Some people are also on social media just for friends & family. Not everyone buys into the oneupmanship of likes and endless posting of what sandwich they have today.

It can be a bugbear for companies too. Whole new policies and corporate monitoring of staff had to be created. Plus it has become a way for companies to sack people due to media attention.
    Yes. Nobody posts anything about work these days due to work policy they use to a few years back but not now. I just see it as being friendly if these people don’t want to connect then it’s a bit like being unsociable in a pub not saying hi. I say this as I have worked in many stores and never had such an issue most will add. I realise I gave it little time but as I say I was annoyed with the other person.

In the end I did post about the cd and so far not deleted it I am possibly going to post it but with no mention of it being a birthday perhaps a normal night out so it goes under the radar a bit. I opted to post as I was not wanting to let the anxiety win im saying I do social media much but for bigger events and holidays I admit I use it. My anxiety has said I can’t add anybody I worried i like to before though or I worry about going back to Amsterdam I worry it might not suit my social media trend

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information