Hi All, hope everyone is well.

I'm having a (not so urgent) problem and could use some encouragement. I am 20 years old and in my sophomore year of college. I've been dealing with GAD since I was 13. I've been working since I was 16, and my anxiety has negatively impacted every job that I've ever had. For example, I left my last job at an amusement park because I kept having panic attacks and leaving early.

Now that I'm an adult, I'm starting to apply for professional summer internships. I'd love to work in a library or special collections archive, which are pretty relaxing places. My problem is that many of these internships are halfway across the country, and I'd have to live in an apartment away from my parents and work a typical 9-5. I'm scared that I will fail miserably at this if I can't manage my GAD.

I'm afraid to be on my own and work somewhere that is unfamiliar with my panic attacks. I get bad spacial anxiety/vertigo that makes it hard for me to work long stretches without sitting down. Unfortunately, this problem always comes across as unprofessional even though I am a hard worker and feel passionate about what I do.

Does anybody have any tips for entering the professional world with GAD? Any tips for communicating with superiors and explaining that I have these issues without sounding unprofessional? Would be greatly appreciated.