Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So many fears

bedbug fear from subway!

can You pick up bedbugs from sitting next to people on the metro? I live in a big city where there definitely are bedbugs and I was wondering how likely is it to pick them up from sitting next to people on the metro? It’s making me not want to ride the train anymore-how often do people get them from other people?

Re: bedbug fear from subway!

Doesn't really matter does it? They're only bed bugs, yes they're a pain in the .... but just wash and clean wherever they get.

Doesn’t really matter? Treatment for them costs upwards of $1000 and you need to call an exterminator-pretty big issue id say...

Infestation paranoia

Today I sat next to someone on the subway and saw she was texting her friend about bedbugs. Now I’m super paranoid-I’m worried that she could have passed them along to me. What stage chance of this and how worried should I be?

The chances of this happening are absolutely miniscule. Think about it, millions of journeys every day and how often do you hear of it happening...if ever?

Sometimes you have to worry about things WHEN they happen, not IF they'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpt View Post
    Doesn’t really matter? Treatment for them costs upwards of $1000 and you need to call an exterminator-pretty big issue id say...
    Never heard of having to call an exerminater for bed bugs before. I apologise if I upset upset you. Dont you just wash bedding and soft furnishings on a hot wash, buy sprays, hoover and so on?
    That all being said you can't inconvenience yourself about something that might happen.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Aren't you assuming she has them?

Imagine if you hadn't seen the text? Couldn't you still get them yet you would never know where from? But what if you didn't get them and never knew she had been texting her friend about them?

I wonder how many times you have missed out on a trigger because you haven't seen/heard something and yet nothing happened and you were fine?

I think it's extremely unlikely you could catch bedbugs from the subway. If it were a more common occurrence, the media would probably have a field day with reporting it :-).

I went through a bedbug scare several years ago. My kids got a strange rash after getting home from vacation, and I was convinced we had picked up bedbugs somewhere during the trip. Eventually we found out they were just allergic to the sunscreen we were using :-), so it was definitely my own mind making a mountain out of a molehill. It was a stressful few weeks though.

One thing that did help calm me down, is I ordered these bedbug traps from online. You put them somewhere on your bedframe, and then supposedly if you do get bedbugs they'll crawl in there, and you'll know. It just gave me peace of mind instead of wondering.

Have woken up with night sweats worried about cancer?

One or two nights in the past few weeks I’ve woken up really sweaty. I’m super worried it’s night sweats and a sign of cancer. Not sure what else it could be, but I did take Plan B a few weeks ago which messes with your hormones, so maybe it could be that? Either way I’m worried

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information