Thread: Mole on labia

Mole on labia

Found a raised mole on my labia last night. Not noticed it before. It's very dark, thought it was a blood blister to start off, but I'm thinking, how would I get a blood blister down there? In a complete panic that it's cancer. My husband died of cancer two years ago and I feel as if it's all around me. I've made a doctor's appointment, but it's not til next week. How am I going to manage anything like a normal life in the meantime?☹

Re: Mole on labia

I'm very sorry for your loss. Try to remember that it isn't cancer until they say it is? We'll be here to support you.

I’m sorry to hear of your husband passing and completely get why you are left so anxious and worried. Could it be possible you’ve wlways had it? But only noticed now as you are looking?

I’ve been down the rabbit hole of vulva cancer last year. I did a lot of research. There are several types of vulva cancer and the one concerning moles is incredibly rare. Most vulva cancers are from hpv and women tend to have severe itching and burning. They normally have a condition prior to having cancer that leads to the cancer. It’s also mainly a cancer that effects women over the age of sixty. I’m obliviously not telling you it’s nothing, as I do not know but I hope I have helped a little in easing your mind that it’s likely to be a benign mole. X

I'm so sorry about your husband. I have what I always thought was a large mole on my labia as well. My dermatologist, when I finally had her look at it, said it was not a mole but a cherry angioma. They are super common (and completely harmless) and I have them all over my body. The one on my labia looked darker, but she said that's normal because of the location. So, it could be that since we tend to develop more of them over time as we age. It also makes sense since you said it looks like a blood blister.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I'm so sorry about your husband. I have what I always thought was a large mole on my labia as well. My dermatologist, when I finally had her look at it, said it was not a mole but a cherry angioma. They are super common (and completely harmless) and I have them all over my body. The one on my labia looked darker, but she said that's normal because of the location. So, it could be that since we tend to develop more of them over time as we age. It also makes sense since you said it looks like a blood blister.
    yes from what the original poster describes this sounds similar! I didn’t realise you could get them on your privates too! I’ve got quite a few around my body in various places. Some Drs have linked it with low iodine levels x

Thread Information