Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgical termination anxiety

Surgical termination anxiety

I don’t really know where else to put this and I know some may not agree but I’m scheduled to have a surgical abortion soon and I’m just freaking out about the whole thing. This is worse then any other anxiety I’ve experienced before and the thought of something going wrong or getting an infection or Bleeding out or just it being the most painful thing is really just making this awful experience even worse because it just more worries on top of a big worry. Having health anxiety on top of just anxiety about all the other stuff that comes a long with it is just spiralling out of control.

Re: Surgical termination anxiety

I’ve not personally had one done but I’ve been with a couple of friends that did not too long back, it’s a very quick and simple procedure. The staff are absolutely brilliant.

If you do have any concerns be sure to bring it up at your appointment, but as much as there is always a risk with any procedure the sorts of things you’re thinking about here are very slight chances! One of my friends left with antibiotics just in case, the other didn’t both were absolutely fine.

It’s understandably a difficult time with hormones being up in the air which is bound to make the anxiety a little higher too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

No experience here, but I wish you all the best.

I know ladies who have had it done and nothing went wrong. Deep breaths, getting worked up intensifies pains. This is a hugely emotional thing that’s going to happen, anxiety is completely normal. Any medical procedure is scary. No judgement from me, I’m sorry I can’t advise more but I hope you will be ok xx

Thanks for all the replies and being nice. I was worried the post might upset some people because it’s quite a sensitive subject. I’m really trying to manage my anxiety about this but it just feels really out of my control and the physical symptoms of my anxiety that I haven’t had to deal with for a while have just come back 10x worse. I did do the counselling session they offer before but if I’m honest it was over the phone and they really only asked me how I felt and that was it so it wasn’t that great and I’m not really sure who to talk to about this now.

Quote Originally Posted by emmc View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and being nice. I was worried the post might upset some people because it’s quite a sensitive subject. I’m really trying to manage my anxiety about this but it just feels really out of my control and the physical symptoms of my anxiety that I haven’t had to deal with for a while have just come back 10x worse. I did do the counselling session they offer before but if I’m honest it was over the phone and they really only asked me how I felt and that was it so it wasn’t that great and I’m not really sure who to talk to about this now.
    Are you able to arrange any other counselling via the gp with wellbeing service? If you have anxiety already the pregnancy hormones will be making that much worse along with the situation as a whole. I really wish there was something I could say to help put your mind at ease x

If I lived near you I would adopt the baby, I really can't give input as I don't know anyone who has had it done, gives you hugs.

I’m not sure. They have a 24 hour hotline they said I’m able to use if afterwards I feel like my emotions have not settled but other then that I’m not really sure what there is to access. Especially atm, it’s quite difficult to get any type of formal counselling I was receiving some before this happened that was just about management of anxiety symptoms with a nurse not proper counselling. I guess I’ll just have to try calm myself for now.

Surgical termination-no pain?(sensitive)

I’ve had a surgical termination today and a copper coil fitted. I was quite shocked that it was generally okay and they’ve sent me away with antibiotics and things. However , of course I’m now worrying about the fact I’ve experienced no pain???
    I had mild mild cramping when I got out of the procedure but I’ve been home for hours and expierenced not even mild cramping and of course even this would flare up my anxiety because everyone online said they had cramping lots of bleeding and what if it didn’t work or somethings not right.
    Not really sure where else to put this sorry as it is my health anxiety as well sorry if it’s upsetting to anyone.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information