Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constant breast checking and worries

Re: Constant breast checking and worries

Quote Originally Posted by Lauz View Post
    Thank you so much Carys. I know my psychologist appt couldnít come at a better time.
    I have managed to calm down now and think more rational. Everything you said from not googling, to very valid reasons for breast changes makes sense.

I am very fortunate that my Mum is a radiographer, so she will try get me into her hospital tomorrow for an appt or ring around other places. If not I suspect it will be early next week.

My doctor said she is pretty sure itís nothing, but alas HA taking control.

What is positive is that I saw the doc and have got the ultra sound referral. Iíll keep this thread updated canít promise Iíll stay this rational haha but Iíll give it my best shot.
    I really feel for you and the waiting drives you insane. Health anxiety is such an evil monster and then when you are presented with an actual real symptom the beast seems to feed off it further! Your age is on your side but I know that doesnít mean much with health anxiety as we always think we are that minority that has something incredibly rare and evil lurking in our bodies. Iíve got everything crossed this is something benign and just normal breast changes as we age. Please do update the thread and Iíll be keeping you in my thoughts. Deep breaths xx

Thanks Unicorn1985.
    Not much more I can do until I have the ultrasound. The waiting is a pain in the butt. Our minds are so evil at times and mine has not been kind to me overnight. I just keep thinking the worst.

Hi all,

I was able to get in for an ultrasound at 9am this morning - honestly I can’t thank my mum enough being able to pull strings like this. I think without it I would have certainly spiraled out of control.

Good news, ultrasound showed nothing of concern. Seems to be normal breast tissue / ridges. She says it is very common that women come in with this. As always it’s the right thing to do, speak with your GP about breast changes and get them checked.

Interestingly in my other breast I have 1 or 2 small cysts. Nothing of concern, didn’t even know they were there.

Thank you everyone for you support and kind words. I know we all don¬ít know one another but it really does help to have someone to ¬Ďlisten¬í to you when you are feeling so hopeless, scared and overwhelmed.

I am also thinking whilst I am getting my mental health in order I may step away a bit from NMP. I have also come to realize that being exposed to content and stories triggers me, which I am sure like others it can too. Hopefully I can get on top of my mental health quickly, it’s certainly something I know that can’t continue the way it is and that it shouldn’t. I successfully overcame a similar battle 10 years ago - I can do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauz View Post
    Hi all,

I was able to get in for an ultrasound at 9am this morning - honestly I can’t thank my mum enough being able to pull strings like this. I think without it I would have certainly spiraled out of control.

Good news, ultrasound showed nothing of concern. Seems to be normal breast tissue / ridges. She says it is very common that women come in with this. As always it’s the right thing to do, speak with your GP about breast changes and get them checked.

Interestingly in my other breast I have 1 or 2 small cysts. Nothing of concern, didn’t even know they were there.

Thank you everyone for you support and kind words. I know we all don¬ít know one another but it really does help to have someone to ¬Ďlisten¬í to you when you are feeling so hopeless, scared and overwhelmed.

I am also thinking whilst I am getting my mental health in order I may step away a bit from NMP. I have also come to realize that being exposed to content and stories triggers me, which I am sure like others it can too. Hopefully I can get on top of my mental health quickly, it’s certainly something I know that can’t continue the way it is and that it shouldn’t. I successfully overcame a similar battle 10 years ago - I can do it again!
    Thats fantastic news. Iím so happy for you! You do what you need too. There will always be people to support you when you come back xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information