Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 35 Symptoms of Perimenopause.

35 Symptoms of Perimenopause.

1. Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling (see note)
    2. Irregular heart beat
    3. Irritability
    4. Mood swings, sudden tears
    5. Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
    6. Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
    7. Loss of libido (see note)
    8. Dry vagina (see note)
    9. Crashing fatigue
    10. Anxiety, feeling ill at ease
    11. Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom (see note)
    12. Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion
    13. Disturbing memory lapses
    14. Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence (see note)
    15. Itchy, crawly skin (see note)
    16. Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons (see note)
    17. Increased tension in muscles
    18. Breast tenderness
    19. Headache change: increase or decrease
    20. Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea
    21. Sudden bouts of bloat
    22. Depression (see note)
    23. Exacerbation of existing conditions
    24. Increase in allergies
    25. Weight gain (see note)
    26. Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
    27. Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
    28. Changes in body odor
    29. Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head (see note)
    30. Tingling in the extremities (see note)
    31. Gum problems, increased bleeding
    32. Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor
    33. Osteoporosis (after several years)
    34. Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier
    35. Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.

also adding in chills and cold hands and feet. Adding in nausea
    http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 14-08-23 at 19:23.

Re: 35 Symptoms of Perimenopause.

Very interesting. I have loads of these and I’m 34. We seems to be very hormonal on our family. I remember my mum being very unbalanced as a child and I think a lot of it was hormones. She was always very angry and snappy, really heavy periods and a lot of the complaints on this list!

I haven’t been nervous about my health in a long time but I started my period December 22nd and continued to have the brown colored blood until last Friday and I’m bleeding again as of this morning. I’m 43 and had breast cancer at 36 that required chemo and they told me it could put me into menopause and to expect my periods to be wonky. Still a bit nervous but trying not to panic. Anyway thanks for posting this!

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    Very interesting. I have loads of these and I’m 34. We seems to be very hormonal on our family. I remember my mum being very unbalanced as a child and I think a lot of it was hormones. She was always very angry and snappy, really heavy periods and a lot of the complaints on this list!
    I'm 36 and have SO MANY of these. I actually had my estrogen levels checked several months ago. They came out normal, but I really feel like I'm getting into peri. They have gotten worse recently and my fibroids are growing, which is also typical with the hormonal imbalance of perimenopause. Hormones are the worst!!

My mom had early menopause and she also had all the same things you mention about yours and I am seeing it in myself recently, too! The newest symptom is that I CANNOT SLEEP. Never in my life have I had trouble sleeping and now I'll wake up and be laying in bed for like 2-3 hours before I get back to sleep. Some nights I'm freezing, others I'm burning up and the temp is always the same in my house. Sucks.

Wow. I’m 40 and had no idea some of the issues I’ve developed over the last couple years could be tied to this. Interesting!!

Peri can start in your 30s my great grandmother went through full-blown menopause at 28, it can last ten years, to a few years to months, My period is now 13 days late so I am thinking I am doing the skipping part, I will be 47 in March, I have had most of those symptoms on the list.

Omg I am having so many symptoms from the list. I’m 41 and for 2 cycles, experiencing spotting between periods (Main concern), bloating on off/gassy (Main concern), weight gain, hair loss, irregular heartbeats, and tons of anxiety depression/stress.

I was worry sick for the big C. Reading this helps a lot while going through test. I’m asking for ultrasound.

Thanks

NHelen it sounds like you could be going through peri, and there is really no test a doctor can do, most of them don't even know or believe in peri, also to add to the list up top is Nausea and vomiting. I didn't have a period last month at all, and before that only three days, right now I am very late, and no not pregnant, but having a lot of pms symptoms. Bloating, cramping, pressure down below, join pain, gas, ibs flare ups, nausea, headache, feeling tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    NHelen it sounds like you could be going through peri, and there is really no test a doctor can do, most of them don't even know or believe in peri, also to add to the list up top is Nausea and vomiting. I didn't have a period last month at all, and before that only three days, right now I am very late, and no not pregnant, but having a lot of pms symptoms. Bloating, cramping, pressure down below, join pain, gas, ibs flare ups, nausea, headache, feeling tired.
    Tracy, I also experiencing unbalanced feeling/nausea most of the day. The ENT doc thinks it’s BPPV, while the primary doc thinks exhaustion. I don’t know anymore. I’ll wait for a week or two and demand more tests. Scary.

nhelen, what did the doctor say?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information