Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help can't take this stomach anxiety anymore

I need help can't take this stomach anxiety anymore

I've been getting a dull achy pain that feels very deep in my upper stomach/chest area that goes through to my back. Sometimes it feels like it starts in my back and goes through to my chest. It feels like it's located behind my sternum and chest area rather than stomach and it hurts more to the right-hand side and my upper back.

I've been getting indigestion/reflux symptoms around the same time and the feeling of fullness and food trapped in my throat. I saw my dr on monday and she checked me over. She knows my medical and mental health history well and said it sounds like gastritis/gerd. I explained that the pain hurts when I lie down sometimes. Some days it's there sometimes it's not. I asked for tests and said I was afraid of cancer and she said to get cancer out of my head and I didn't need any tests. She gave me some medication for the acid.

The pain in my back really bothers me. It's mainly on the right side around my shoulder blade and sometimes the middle. At the weekend I had a stomach bug and my back was in agony. I couldn't lean on it without being in pain. I've obviously googled and found pancreatic cancer and how you get a pain in your upper back and stomach and I'm at work freaking out. I'm convincing myself this is why I'm in pain. At first I thought it was my esophagus because the pain is located behind my breastbone rather than stomach.

Can anyone help? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Thank you

Re: Pancreatic cancer fear

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyskye View Post
    I've been getting a dull achy pain that feels very deep in my upper stomach/chest area that goes through to my back. Sometimes it feels like it starts in my back and goes through to my chest. It feels like it's located behind my sternum and chest area rather than stomach and it hurts more to the right-hand side and my upper back.

I've been getting indigestion/reflux symptoms around the same time and the feeling of fullness and food trapped in my throat. I saw my dr on monday and she checked me over. She knows my medical and mental health history well and said it sounds like gastritis/gerd. I explained that the pain hurts when I lie down sometimes. Some days it's there sometimes it's not. I asked for tests and said I was afraid of cancer and she said to get cancer out of my head and I didn't need any tests. She gave me some medication for the acid.

The pain in my back really bothers me. It's mainly on the right side around my shoulder blade and sometimes the middle. At the weekend I had a stomach bug and my back was in agony. I couldn't lean on it without being in pain. I've obviously googled and found pancreatic cancer and how you get a pain in your upper back and stomach and I'm at work freaking out. I'm convincing myself this is why I'm in pain. At first I thought it was my esophagus because the pain is located behind my breastbone rather than stomach.

Can anyone help? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Thank you
    OK firstly I get GERD and its horrific - I get it sooo bad sometimes by my diaphram that I feel like passing out, the pain passes when I get rubbed on my back and walk around.....
    Secondly a close friend of mine has passed from Pancreatic cancer a few months ago sadly - I have seen the symptoms (even though everyone is not the same, I get it) HOWEVER you WILL KNOW if there is something seriously wrong with you like PC...it is vicious & takes you within weeks - please please please - live your life and STOP worrying about PC! I will not tell you the symptoms my friend had as it fuels HA (I know I have it) - please think about it logically.....the more you worry the more the symptoms get worse then your mind races and before you know it HA is your life!

I hope however you are feeling better though.... its good to talk

How old are you if I may ask? Pancreatic cancer is fairly rare, and the pain it causes is severe as Neverending_story has said.

I'm 41

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyskye View Post
    I'm 41
    'Most people who develop pancreatic cancer are older than 45. In fact, 90% are older than 55 and 70% are older than 65'
    Quote from Cancer research above

This should give you some reassurance

GERD - taste acid

I started getting indigestion symptoms at the beginning of December following a tummy bug. My main symptoms are feeling of fullness/lump/food stuck in throat, belching, uncomfortable upper stomach and a funny chest pain around the sternum and in my upper back. My dr is great and said sounded like gastritis and gave me laprozole.

The symptoms that worry me most and make my imagination run away with me is the pain in my chest and back. Some days it's fine but some days it aches or I her sharp stabby pains that feel like the go between my chest and back but it also feels a bit like tension too. I've had numerous heart investigations in the last year including 24 hour ecg and an echo and the dr has cleared anything heart related.

The latest thing I'm experiencing that is causing me to panic is an acidic taste in my mouth and throat. I woke up feeling nauseous this morning and could feel something in my throat and it's been there all morning like food stuck in there or gunk and I can feel it moving around if that makes sense? I'm worried that acid is rising up from my stomach or something and that it's dangerous.

I've been trying to get an appointment with my doctor for 2 weeks now to review things but shes so popular its next to impossible and I don't trust any of the others.

Is there anyone out there with gastritis/gerd that can relate to this acid taste/feeling?

I'm fed up of feeling so worried all the time.

Re: GERD - taste acid

That's a very common symptom and one both my wife and I experience occasionally. The reason so 99% of the time is due to straying off the FODMAP diet and/or eating too late. Talk to your doctor about a PPI, look into the FODMAP diet and keep some antacid around.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I’ve had that too. Also the chest pressure just underneath where my bra goes.

Omeprazole didn’t really help me, but gaviscon did/does.

GERD is acid escaping up from your stomach into your esophagus. Tasting acid is almost mandatory, right?

And chest pain with reflux is very common.

You're worrying about symptoms that have a diagnosed cause.

Scass, I get that pain just under the bra, it's like a knife digging in to you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information