Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help can't take this stomach anxiety anymore

Re: GERD - taste acid

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Scass, I get that pain just under the bra, it's like a knife digging in to you
    Mine is more of an ache - generally goes when I take my bra off

Gallbladder

I posted recently about gerd and chest and back pains recently. I went to see my dr today as I'm still getting discomfort and she said it could be my gallbladder/gallstones. She then checked my tummy, side and back and said "let's get a scan done". She said my symptoms could fit with gallstones but they will do a scan of all my organs. She said as I'm female, 41 and in good health I can get cancers out of my head and the only thing likely to show up would be gallstones.

I'm worried about the scan obviously but I'm also panicking at the fact she said "let's get a scan done" after she examined me because my mind is telling me it's because she felt something.

I'm feeling really frightened.

Re: Gallbladder

She is doing it to reassure you not scare you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hope it is gallstones, easy surgery and the pain is gone.
    Had mine out 26 years ago, haven't missed it once.

Good luck

I've just had a panic attack brought on by twinges in my stomach.

I'm at work and can't concentrate because I'm so frightened. I'm still having those funny pains behind my sternum and my back on the right hand side and just I had these sudden sharp twinges at the tip right hand side of my stomach. I'm thinking all sorts of things and picturing myself being in hospital terrified. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I'm so scared right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyskye View Post
    I posted recently about gerd and chest and back pains recently. I went to see my dr today as I'm still getting discomfort and she said it could be my gallbladder/gallstones. She then checked my tummy, side and back and said "let's get a scan done". She said my symptoms could fit with gallstones but they will do a scan of all my organs. She said as I'm female, 41 and in good health I can get cancers out of my head and the only thing likely to show up would be gallstones.

I'm worried about the scan obviously but I'm also panicking at the fact she said "let's get a scan done" after she examined me because my mind is telling me it's because she felt something.

I'm feeling really frightened.
    I can understand how you feel.
    I had an abdominal scan and pelvic ultrasound done about 3 months ago, it was quick and painless and the results are back very quick (less than a week for me).
    By the sounds of it she is doing the scan to reassure you like Admin have said on an earlier post.

I have had my gallbladder out for 22 years and its the best thing they could have done for me as I have no sternum pain and piercing side pain

You will be fine

Thank you. I just dont like these pains and the not knowing what's causing it. I'm losing all sense of rationale. I know reassure seeking is an anxiety no no but can someone help me see this problem with a sensible hat on?

I don't think there is anything anybody can say to reassure you until you get that scan done. However, what I can tell you is that I had similar symptoms a couple years ago and they had me do a barium swallow with a scan and they did find gallstones. My doctor actually told me "that he had seen those things hurt all over", meaning gallbladder/gallstones/gallbladder attacks.

You're in the same age group as me and the average age of getting gallstones usually happens with people in their forties, fifties, and sixties. Now that doesn't mean when everybody reaches those age groups they get gallstones, but from what I read it seems to be increasing with more people in this day and age and women have a higher risk.

Don’t panic, she said your symptoms could line up with gallbladder problems and that’s why she ordered the scan, not because she thinks you have something sinister going on.
    I had mine removed when I was 28 years old, hands down it was the easiest surgery I have ever had and seriously I have no regrets.

I need help can't take this stomach anxiety anymore

Hi, I have no one to talk to and I could really do with some support. Apart from my therapist, this forum is the only place I feel I can turn to.

I've been having stomach issues on and off since the start of December. It started with a full feeling in my throat like reflux and I had a pain in my mid to upper back which I also felt in my chest. I then started to get a deep feeling pain in the right side of my chest/upper stomach that I also felt in that side of my back too. I've been to the drs three times and been diagnosed with gerd the first time and possible gastritis the second time. I went last week and saw my favourite dr who knows my complete physical and mental health history and she examined me and said due to location may be gallbladder/gallstones and she's referred me for an abdominal ultrasound. She knows I think all sorts of bad things and said that due to my age (41) and that I am in good health, I can get cancers out of my head. She hasn't ordered any bloods she said I don't need them. I was given laprozole at the start of January which I continue to take. My diet isn't too bad.

My symptoms have been/are:
    Full feeling in throat
    Feeling of food sitting in throat
    Tight feeling chest
    Upper/mid back pain mainly right sided
    Pain around shoulder blade
    Uncomfortable feeling in upper tummy
    Feeling sick
    Sometimes loose stools (no odd colours)
    Feeling a little bloated
    Belching
    Pain in ribs
    The pains in my tummy can feel dull and achy or stabby and located just below my sternum but mainly under my right rib.

The symptom that bothers me most is the the pain in the top right of my upper tummy/chest which I can feel in my back. Sometimes I can just feel the back pain. Some days it feels horrid some days barely noticable. I don't find anything specific triggers it. When I wake up I immediately check to see if I can feel it and once I am conscious of the slightest bit of pain that's it, it starts up again. The pain doesn't actually feel as bad as it did but sometimes it comes back. And sometimes it feels like when you swallow something sharp or too quick and you can feel it travel down your throat into your chest and it hurts.

It's hard to tell how much my anxiety is involved in this and I know I am very hypersensitive to bodily sensations. I feel that frightened by all this because the pain is located to the right upper quadrant and I know there is the liver and pancreas there. I've worried about liver, pancreas and esophageal cancer. I'm always checking my stool colour and I'm so paranoid about vomiting blood or passing blood that I panic if I feel sick and when I need the toilet.

I literally feel like I have a terminal illness and am going to die soon. I'm a shadow of my usual self. I used to be active and the life and soul of the party and I am desperate to be me again but the fear I am internally bleeding or have a life threatening condition is taking over.

Can anyone please help/support me?

Thank you
    Last edited by Honeyskye; 03-02-20 at 11:52.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information