Thread: Symptoms something to worry about?

Symptoms something to worry about?

So Monday I was fine all day, but Monday night I got really bad diarrhea and had really bad chills, I was the toilet most of the night, Tuesday I still had chill and kept getting the urge to go toilet all day but nothing was coming up and was kept straining and straining but nothing until Tuesday night and my stool came out all lumpy, yesterday I went 3 times and it did come out a little easier but every time I felt like I hadn't emptied my bowels properly. Today the stools are pretty much back to normal but still having that feeling of not emptied properly, I am also getting the urge to go but it goes after a few minutes but this could be because I am worrying and constantly thinking about it, my mum said I probably just had a stomach bug but of course my HA is screaming colon cancer! Has anyone had this before?
    Last edited by ShaunRyder; 09-01-20 at 14:16. Reason: More info

Re: Symptoms something to worry about?

Yes I have had a near exact experience a few months ago.
    The constant feeling of incomplete emptying terrified me making it worse. I ended up at doctors and they said it was post infectious IBS. Sounds like what you’ve had.
    I had blood/stool tests and after a few weeks/months it went away.
    So be prepared for it to last a while.

Thanks for the reply! Heard of ibs but never post infectious, just googled it and it sounds like what I have and made my anxiety a bit better so thanks for that! Did you change your diet to ease the symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Heard of ibs but never post infectious, just googled it and it sounds like what I have and made my anxiety a bit better so thanks for that! Did you change your diet to ease the symptoms?
    Good I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better, I know what HA is like having suffered it most of my life!
    I’m afraid everything I tried didn’t really help. I had to just ride it out til it passed. I used fibre gels and I think they actually made it worse.
    The only thing I recommend is to stay hydrated, if I didn’t drink enough it would feel worse

Thread Information