Thread: Watering eye and messy sinuses

Watering eye and messy sinuses

Hello everyone! It's actually been a bit since I've been here, mostly since my health anxiety has been pretty under control. However, things have taken a bit of a turn recently.

I've had a bit of a stuffy nose since around August, but I had mostly written it off as just allergies or something to do with the seasons/temperature. It's been a few months, and I've been growing more concerned as it hasn't gotten much better. It's nothing terrible on its own, but a few days ago, my right eye just started watering out of the blue, and it seems to just be in this constant state of being wet. It's weird. Along with some on and off pressure in my eyebrow area, it's been a rough time.

So now, I'm worried that I have some sort of sinus tumor, or cancer in my tear duct or something. Those are both super rare (especially since I'm 26), but I just can't shake this dumb anxiety feeling. I really hope it's nothing, and I plan to make an appointment with a doctor sooner rather than later, even though I'm absolutely more worried than I should be. I just wanted to know if anyone has experience with anything like this, maybe to just calm my fears for a bit. Thanks for listening!

Re: Watering eye and messy sinuses

I have this, it's sinuses with me and very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I have this, it's sinuses with me and very common.
    Thank you for replying! That's about what I figured. I've never really had sinus issues like this before, so it sort of hit me like a truck. I wasn't sure if my eye issue could also be sinus-related, since it's only the one eye. None of what I'm feeling really bothers me on its own, but I guess the combination of the watery eye and the head pains have just thrown me for a bit of a loop.

Don't want to spam the forum too much or anything, but I just wanted to give a quick update... which is to say not much has changed, honestly. I've been a little better about ignoring my eye. There are some days where I barely notice it, though there are some nights where I've definitely freaked out over it. Due to insurance reasons, I haven't been able to see a doctor yet (and might not get to until after the 1st), so I wanted to quickly see if anyone else could share their thoughts here in the meantime? I'm still worried about this one in like... a million chance it could be sinus cancer, for whatever strange reason, despite my congestion being pretty much the same for six months. Anxiety is so irrational, isn't it?

I still have mine Robin and about the same length of time as you. I get some relief some days, but not many.
    It doesn't seem to want to go away, even with plenty of healthy food and rest.
    I can only put it down to the atmosphere or even the central heating. Mine is the left eye that waters like a tap and that is also the window side of the car window and the side of the central heating.
    I hope some others come on to give their views, it would be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I still have mine Robin and about the same length of time as you. I get some relief some days, but not many.
    It doesn't seem to want to go away, even with plenty of healthy food and rest.
    I can only put it down to the atmosphere or even the central heating. Mine is the left eye that waters like a tap and that is also the window side of the car window and the side of the central heating.
    I hope some others come on to give their views, it would be very helpful.
    Sorry for the late reply! I've been doing my best to ignore it as much as I can. Some days, it feels like I can go without even noticing it, and other days, I feel like I need to keep wiping my eye. It's so strange to me, especially since it's the least harmful symptom I've had, but also the one that's given me the most anxiety.

Thread Information