Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressure headache for a week

Re: Pressure headache for a week

Hi Benni. I’ve had this before and right now. In April of 2019 my mother was diagnosed with cancer (lung cancer that spread to her brain). I went into a tail spin. I think what started as a sinus issue because of allergies turned into a 6-7week constant pressure headache. It would move about my head and when I would spin out with anxiety it would get tighter feeling. I had an MRI then and it was absolutely fine. Now recently it’s happening to me again. I saw a neurologist today who found no reason to repeat the MRI but did say tension in the neck will cause this type of feeling, he prescribed a high dose of NSAIDS and a muscle relaxer. I am just as nervous as you right now worrying about the “what if” my anxiety won’t chill until I see a clear answer. Like for me I need the imaging done to know ok it’s just anxiety. Even though I went through this EXACT type of headache before. My mind will still go to the “what if”. You are not alone.

I too have had a lot of head pressure in the past and have had it for about 6 weeks constantly with dizziness, I worry myself as my mother had a brain tumour so I always jump to the worst scenario as we all do with health anxiety. My dr has also put me on a high dose of NSAIDs and muscle relaxers like @gflanagan86 in case it is to do with my TMJ disorder which I suffer with badly. But I have to call back in a couple of weeks if it continues.

The longer it goes on the more scared I get, I'm no doubt making the symptoms worse, but the dizziness and feeling so unsteady on my feet is hard to ignore along with the head pressure.

I have exactly the same and have done for another a week now. It's driving my anxiety crazy.

The only thing I can say is to be greatful you have a motivating pain. It may be too much for you, but I had this, and when it went away, I became lazy and childishly pouty and obstinant. I miss the tension I had that made me complete tasks.

Try funneling the discomfort into serious activities and be proud of your achievements and endurance.

If you really want to get rid of it, learn about brain sinuses, and lymph flows in your brain and dialate them during chi like meditation.

You'll regret getting rid of it completely. You could even die homeless and starving without it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gflanagan86 View Post
    Hi Benni. I’ve had this before and right now
    SAME! Had them a few years ago, pretty much daily, for weeks. I thought they’d never go - read an article about a woman had headaches for years and scared myself (mind you, she had no tumour, just constant headaches) Thought it was sinus at one point - but it was tension headaches. Now I’ve had them a few days in a row and one turned into a terrible migraine with vomiting. Funny thing is, an online pharmacy emailed me yesterday about the changing of the seasons / atmospheric pressure right now triggering people’s headaches and migraines! So that could be a factor, especially as we’re all having them right now by the seems of it. Anxiety and screen time (phone, tv) are also factors for me. I did google brain tumour briefly before telling myself “you’ve had this before, it’s the weather for it, others have it - stop it” lol so I get ya on that too. Hope everyone’s headaches clear up soon!!

My severe headache settled but the pressure didn’t.

Although since then, for a few day’s my pressure did settle a little but it’s back with a vengeance today, it’s making me feel so weird and almost floaty. I feel like it makes it hard for me to focus on anything, even talking. I feel dizzy and horrible.

Hope you’re all ok!

Another one here!

On day 6 now of this episode! Started off with one sided pain on my right side. Now all over my head, particularly at the back/neck and shoulders.

Classic tension headache which I know will pass eventually (looking back at old threads I started, I've been here before) but doesn't stop that pit of the stomach feeling.

I went to the supermarket last night and it was the first time I wasn't thinking about it... and by magic it wasn't there! I am WFH at the moment so 10 hours slouched in front of the computer, then head down looking at my phone for the rest of the night!

Hope everyone is managing ok - it's Christmaaaaaaaaaaaas!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information