Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure headache for a week

Re: Pressure headache for a week

Hi Chloe,

Yeah I've tried meds but they don't seem to touch it. I wouldn't say it's painful, just an uncomfortable tightness that keeps moving round my head and face.

No mouth pressure or palpitations. I've had to go back on Lorazepam (Ativan) because of the anxiety it's causing. Yes it helps to calm me down but the worry is still there plus it can cause you to slur a bit which in turn gets me super worried again. Bad vicious circle!

Just a follow up from this.....

Went and saw my doctor this morning. She felt my neck and shoulders and said its a classic tension headache coupled with stress & anxiety. I was expecting it to be honest. I should have left feeling good but HA doesn't allow me to do that. Shes going to try and get me an urgent psychiatry appointment which hopefully helps me get back on the straight and narrow.

She wanted to make it clear I don't have anything growing in my head with these symptoms. It creeps me out just her saying it but I need to be told I guess.

Onwards and upwards...maybe.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Benny. I have to think that if she was concerned in the least bit, she wouldn’t have let you walk out without scheduling more testing. I actually go to my Dr tomorrow, and also had a therapy appointment today. Last night I was up all night with horrible tremors (which I know is anxiety) and a horrible actual headache - oddly this relieved me because it was a headache I’m used to having.
    I understand how HA doesn’t allow us to feel relieved and content with what we’re told. Even after my last MRI where they told me all was fine, I questioned the radiologist’s ability to read the report.. sigh.
    i hope your psychiatrist appointment goes well, and you find something that helps. My therapist told me today that anxiety isn’t something we can think our way out of- which I knew but for some reason those words resonated with me. I’m always trying to figure out some explanation for this, and what’s the quick fix/magic words? She told me she suffered from health anxiety and doesn’t anymore, so that gave me hope.
    Anyway, please continue to keep us posted if you’d like. I hope you find relief soon! HA really sucks

sounds silly but how is your seating when you feel the headache? Ive just watched a film on the recliner I never use and just 30mins on it and my neck and right side of head are feeling painful and Im freaking but its lessening now Im upstairs, necks are sensitive, remember its the tension in the neck which causes headaches!

I've had week long pressure headaches sometimes, just as you describe...not massively painful, but constant. Sometimes what works (or helps) is a shower as hot as you can manage it directly on the back of your neck for as long as you need. Or, and I know it's probably the last thing you feel like, built really strenuous exercise, like something that takes at least 30 minutes and leaves you panting . I have a local hill handy that I climb for example, and I often find that clears my headaches up.

So just an update, this has now been for 3 weeks straight with no sign of letting up. Has anybody else suffered with tension headache like symptoms for that long straight? I'm obviously becoming increasingly concerned this is something more sinister!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyjj81 View Post
    So just an update, this has now been for 3 weeks straight with no sign of letting up. Has anybody else suffered with tension headache like symptoms for that long straight? I'm obviously becoming increasingly concerned this is something more sinister!
    Yep I have! Especially when I become more tense and anxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thanks for replying Midnight Mouse, its good to know that its possible. I mean of course it is, 2 doctors have told me that but HA is in full swing lately so it goes in one ear and out the other!

Can totally relate to this. Mine started very strong at the back of my head, then concentrated more on the sides whereas now its more on the sides of my face. Ive been suffering with this for over 6 years and at times its been truly desperate, but no doctor can figure out whats wrong. The only thing that seems to help is to wear a hat or physically touch the pressure area.

The fact this symptom has changed over time (and is a lot less severe now) gives me some comfort but I know how challenging and unbelievable this symptom can be. Mine were triggered by years of cannabis and MDMA use and I regret it everyday.

It's interesting you say that about a hat as I'm doing that as it feels exactly the same so I tend to notice it less!

I'm starting to think it's possibly linked to lorazepam somehow which is scary as I know that's very difficult to withdraw from!

Went for an eye test today on the off chance but everything looked perfect so that's a positive I guess.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information