Thread: When do things get better

When do things get better

I’ve been on fluoxetine now for 6 weeks and it’s hell the side effects seem to be going apart from the insomnia it’s driving me mad cause when I’ve not slept or had broken sleep my anxiety is so bad the next day I just can’t carry on like this much longer 😢😢

Re: When do things get better

Hi Kayleighbebs ! Sorry to hear your struggling. I'm on week four of a "restart" and my symptoms are lessening a bit. My insomnia, seems to be gone. For a lot of people, week 7-8 seems to be the "magic" time frame when things start to settle down, from what I hear. Have any of the side effects lessened that you've had, or is everything, for the most part the same ? What dosage are you on ? There are some more knowledgeable people on this forum than me who will hopefully "chime" in on your situation, but if it continues for another week or two, you may want to talk to your doctor about a dosage switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Hi Kayleighbebs ! Sorry to hear your struggling. I'm on week four of a "restart" and my symptoms are lessening a bit. My insomnia, seems to be gone. For a lot of people, week 7-8 seems to be the "magic" time frame when things start to settle down, from what I hear. Have any of the side effects lessened that you've had, or is everything, for the most part the same ? What dosage are you on ? There are some more knowledgeable people on this forum than me who will hopefully "chime" in on your situation, but if it continues for another week or two, you may want to talk to your doctor about a dosage switch.
    Thank you for your reply the side effects have lessoned apart from the broken sleep some nights I don’t sleep at all and others I’m
    Sleeping for about 2 hours and then wide awake which I’m turn sets off the anxiety cause I’m finding it hard to function I am in 20mgs and this is the first antidepressant I’ve tried after my anxiety coming. Back full force 12 weeks ago x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleighbebs View Post
    Thank you for your reply the side effects have lessened apart from the broken sleep some nights I don’t sleep at all and others I’m
    Sleeping for about 2 hours and then wide awake which I’m turn sets off the anxiety cause I’m finding it hard to function I am in 20mgs and this is the first antidepressant I’ve tried after my anxiety coming. Back full force 12 weeks ago x
    I hear you...I dont know when the last time you talked to your doctor about your progress, but if it hasn't been recently, I would get with him/her to let them know whats occurring. 20 Mg's is a low dose, as I know, and you seem/appear to be at a time frame you and your doctor may want to consider upping the dosage, especially if things are pretty much staying the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleighbebs View Post
    I’ve been on fluoxetine now for 6 weeks and it’s hell the side effects seem to be going apart from the insomnia it’s driving me mad cause when I’ve not slept or had broken sleep my anxiety is so bad the next day I just can’t carry on like this much longer 😢😢
    Please discuss this with your GP asap. SSRI induced insomnia is common and there are well established treatments such as small doses of sedating antidepressants such as mirtazapine and trazodone that can get you a good nights sleep.

Thread Information