Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walkin' on rabies

Re: Walkin' on rabies

Wearing shoes fearing stepping on rabid bats is a bit like being fine running barefoot but wearing a helmet to avoid those flying snakes

Now a hybrid fir tree moth, considering the size of fir trees, that's one for a monster movie!

I understand the concern :/ I went running on the beach 2 days ago and on my way back came about 3 feet away from some sort of dead animal that was washing up on the beach... as I was approaching it just looked like a lump of seaweed so I didn’t think it was a big deal... then as I was right above it (about 3-4 feet) I noticed a lump of dark grey/ black hair, no head...maybe an opposum but I didn’t stay around long enough to check- and I was right in the path of water that was being washed back and forth..I skirted it, but now my anxious mind is telling me what if I stepped in fluids that were being washed around barefoot? I didn’t notice any cuts but I mean... I wouldn’t notice a tiny break in skin on my calloused feet....Uh I don’t know what to do- and out of nowhere my toe was itching like crazy yesterday..

Since when can rabies survive in salt water?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m hoping it can’t lol

Just thought I'd add: you can get a rabies shot BEFORE you get rabies if that would make you feel safer. It's a series of 3 shots, painless. I was required to have them when I started working at the animal shelter. That won't help with overcoming the phobia, but it might lower the anxiety a bit.
    Sue

Lol thanks, but now I’m questioning ...

My foot has been itching all week- vets in area don’t think I need to work That much about it :/

Again I ask... Since when can rabies survive in salt water?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I don’t know? I mean I wouldn’t think it could... but other bacteria’s do... they always tell us to not go in the ocean for a few weeks after A rain... so I’m guessing clearly something can live...
    Last edited by golddustgirl1000; 24-05-20 at 19:33. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by golddustgirl1000 View Post
    so I’m guessing clearly something can live...
    Try again.....

Positive thoughts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information