Thread: Amitriptyline and CBD

Amitriptyline and CBD

Hi,

I was prescribed amitriptyline last year (25mg but I cut the tablets in half so it's really 12.5mg) to help with nerve pain due to an operation. As a result of this operation I also had an anxiety flareup and began using CBD. Unfortunately, it didn't work well for me at the time (extreme health anxiety) so I cut it out. I've decided to give it another try and made the mistake of reading about some of the possible interactions with amitriptyline (which I'm wanting to get off anyway- I plan to see the doctor about it next week) AFTER taking two 1mg doses, one alongside my nightly amitriptyline. Some studies suggest CBD can inhibit a particular enzyme and make the effects of amitriptyline more powerful, and now I'm scared (my earlier dose had no sideeffects but this was over 12 hours since I took amitriptyline) I'm going to overdose.

1mg is a pretty low dose for CBD and 12.5mg low for amitriptyline, and there's no THC in the CBD so should I be worried?

Re: Amitriptyline and CBD

Quote Originally Posted by yesmorepanic View Post
    1mg is a pretty low dose for CBD and 12.5mg low for amitriptyline, and there's no THC in the CBD so should I be worried?
    I doubt it. Any small increase in side-effects would likely have begun within a hour of taking the second CBD dose.

Thread Information