Thread: Electric Shock/Tingling Brain

Electric Shock/Tingling Brain

As of recent I've been getting a feeling which I can only describe as a tingling which goes from the back of my upper neck/head to my brain. Like a electric shock/brain zap. I am on Citalopram and have been for 3 years and haven't had this sensation before, or at least not as persistently as this.

Hand in hand I have also been getting dizziness every single day for the past few months, which has been pretty much non stop. Doctor told me it was "vertigo" and it will go away. I'm in fear of moving my head too quickly incase it causes a seizure or something along the lines of that. Google also says I have MS. I frequently get severely dizzy when moving about. I've had dizziness like this for years and it's seriously hard to believe this is just anxiety. It is severely impacting my quality of life and I frequently avoid doing certain things in fear that they will make it worse.

Re: Electric Shock/Tingling Brain

I had a terrible bout of vertigo/dizziness this time last year. After the birth of my son I developed a double ear infection that caused my balance to by knocked out for months. No one could figure out the cause and I had an MRI, CT scan of my ears and even a neurologist appointment. I was referred to a balance center and I was convinced I had MS. My health anxiety indeed made my symptoms worse. Vertigo commonly presents as dizziness with quick head movements. For me I felt as if the environment around me was moving and I was rocking on a boat. It was terrible and I could barely stand up straight. Turns out my vestibular nerve was irritated and damaged from my ear infection. With meclizine (a common medication prescribed for vertigo) everything cleared up and I never had to go to the balance clinic. You will be okay. Vertigo is so common and is easily treated but balance problems are worsened by anxiety. Just try and be calm and see what your doctor has to say

Buzzing In Brain

Hi all,

So I made a post about this the other day and feel like I didn't word it very well.

The past few days I've been getting buzzing, wave like tingling sensations going through my brain and it's been pretty much non stop aside from when I am putting pressure on my neck/stretching my neck.

It isn't a tingling sensation on the skin, it literally feels like it's going through my brain, kind of like a brain zap but it's not as sudden or severe it's just persistent. It feels like a head rush, not like a dizziness or like the room spinning. Very hard to explain but it isn't going away and I can't help but think that it's a symptom of epilepsy or MS. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm really worried and it is extremely uncomfortable.

Re: Electric Shock/Tingling Brain

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information