Hi everyone. Really freaking out. A week or so ago my body started to feel really itchy. No rash or anything but just random itches literally all over my body from head to toe. I'd scratch one place and then an itch would come up somewhere else. Thought it could be an allergy to something but I took a antihistamine and no relief. Then the itching just suddenly went away after a couple of days.

However, yesterday it came back. Really not sure what to do. I will see my GP but I am terrified about lymphoma or HIV as it seems to be a possibility for both of these. All the websites I've read seem to suggest itching WITH NO RASH is potentially quite serious as is reflecting an underlying disease?

The itching is not so bad that it keeps me awake at night -- and it is worst when I think about it (when I am pre-occupied with something else it is not so bad). However, I'm pretty sure this cannot just be stress as it doesn't really seem to coincide with my most stressful/anxious moments.

I also woke up in the night sweaty and hot a few times, so I am terrified I am having night sweats too. Again, lymphoma and HIV are top of my worry list for these symptoms.

Anyone have any words that could calm me down before I can see a doctor?