Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Breast pain in one breast

Hi.

im sorry to post yet again. My anxiety is spiralling again and I don’t have counselling for another week.

I noticed earlier in the month by accident that a certain area on my breast hurt if I pushed it. I think I was rearranging myself into my bra when I first noticed it. I would push this area and get a horrible pinch type pain and if I pushed again straight after no pain. My breast obsession has moved on to my left breast now (was convinced I had cancer in my right breast for months first). I would also only feel this pain if when I pushed I kind of cupped my breast over my nipple and pushed with finger tips the pain would come. My nipple was really sensitive this month and last so I’ve been very fixated on my left breast. I put it to one side

my daughter has had a nasty ear infection this week. We’ve been in most of the week and my anxiety has really spiralled as there has been lots of sitting around and too much time to think. So I started poking my boob to see if the pain was still there and it is. I’ll poke get the pain, poke a few more times and no pain. I’ll leave it half an hour and start poking again. I could poke 10 times and it hurt 2 out of those ten times. It also doesn’t matter how I hold the breast the pain comes in that area so can’t be nipple like I first thought.

I csnt work out why its just this one area and no where else on my boob that hurts when I touch it? If you were looking at me straight on its slightly higher than my nipple to the left that I’ve got this pain patch.

I even started googling it again this morning and I’m so annoyed with myself as I’ve stayed off google for weeks. I know it’s hurting more now as I’ve been poking and prodding for past few days but I was getting this pain prior to all the poking and prodding.

I hate to come accross so obsessive but I just csnt stop thinking about it and panicking. I can feel my anxiety getting really bad and I’m really battling to stay logical about this.

Thanks x
    Last edited by Unicorn1985; 30-08-19 at 08:25.

Re: Breast pain in one breast

Should just add I can’t feel any lumps (I’ve got a spot under the same breast but I’m convinced that’s from sweating as it’s been so hot and also had similar before) my breasts are quite large, I’ve had three kids and breastfed two. They certainly are not perky anymore.

I had to re-read your post again because your pain sounds so similar to mine. Mine started two months ago. I realized while turning over in bed that an area of my right breast really hurt. It’s like a burning pain at the bottom of my breast that radiates and almost takes my breath away and then it disappears within 30 seconds. If I push that area again right away it won’t hurt, I have to wait a little while after to reproduce the pain. I got an ultrasound done and it was normal and clear, thank God. I am still obsessed though. I can’t feel any pain unless I press on it. But now I feel like my armpit hurts too. Not sure if that’s anxiety lol

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    I had to re-read your post again because your pain sounds so similar to mine. Mine started two months ago. I realized while turning over in bed that an area of my right breast really hurt. It’s like a burning pain at the bottom of my breast that radiates and almost takes my breath away and then it disappears within 30 seconds. If I push that area again right away it won’t hurt, I have to wait a little while after to reproduce the pain. I got an ultrasound done and it was normal and clear, thank God. I am still obsessed though. I can’t feel any pain unless I press on it. But now I feel like my armpit hurts too. Not sure if that’s anxiety lol

Thanks for responding. I commented on your post a few items. I’m so glad you got the all clear.

My whole left breast aches today from all the prodding.

ive really spiralled.

Today I am going to try and tell myself if it is was cancer, I would be able to reproduce the pain every time I pressed the area as it would be a tumour causing the pain and tumours do not grow and shrink.

Today im going to try and climb out of the rabbit hole.

I really hope hope your pain goes away soon and I think you did so well going for a scan. I’m too scared myself x

How is yours now katniss?

Mine is still there again not every time I push the area but a lot of the time.

I just csnt work out whats causing it in this specific area. My husband did a thorough breast exam on me yesterday. Followed the guidelines, we did it sat up and led down arms behind my head. He said he can’t feel any lumps and both sides feel pretty much identical. I made him check more than once. He pushed firmly too. I relaxed a little after he found no lumps but I’m spiralling again today

my chest above the bresst and under it is very sore. Not sure if it’s linked in with my jaw problems as that causes neck and shoulder soreness and Some times shoulder blade pain. All on the same side and now I’m convincing myself I have a tumour deep in the tissue and that’s why I’m getting all these aches and pain in that spot. The pain can’t be coming from my chest as my breasts are big and not firm anymore (had 3 children). The area on the breast that I’m getting the pain isn’t sat over the soreness of the chest and ribs. It’s a few inches further down.

Im really struggling to find a rational cause for this. I’m really scared

Your issues sound really similar to mine. I had a mammogram back in May and was told all ok. The pain comes and goes (which I know is a good sign!) and I was told at the time it was due to costochondritis. My pain seems to be on the chest wall and shoulder blade at times but also radiates through the breast. I wouldn't say my breasts were small either. Also sometimes get a sensation in my arm pit.

Mine's been going on since March - pretty sure I'd know something by now if it was anything scary...but appreciate how you feel. That's why we are on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    Your issues sound really similar to mine. I had a mammogram back in May and was told all ok. The pain comes and goes (which I know is a good sign!) and I was told at the time it was due to costochondritis. My pain seems to be on the chest wall and shoulder blade at times but also radiates through the breast. I wouldn't say my breasts were small either. Also sometimes get a sensation in my arm pit.

Mine's been going on since March - pretty sure I'd know something by now if it was anything scary...but appreciate how you feel. That's why we are on this forum...

Im glad your scan came back clear. I hope this clears up for you soon but I’ve also read it can take a long time

the pain im getting isn’t near where the pain in the breast bone/ribs is. That’s more bruised feeling anyways. It’s on the same side as the bruised breast bone feeling but about 2 and a bit inches down. Closer to my nipple really.

Ive been poking again today. Sometimes it feels bruised other times it’s a sharp pain that disappears with in a few seconds.

I think I need to have a scan really. I’m so scared. Lady who did one for a few years ago said I will need an ultrasound and not mammograms as I’ve got dense tissue apparently (she said when I start having the routine ones on the nhs they will call me in for an ultrasound after any mammograms) . My daughter was stillborn when I went into labour and it was confirmed via ultrasound. This is why I’m so scared to have the scans. Every ultrasound I’ve had since has given me a racing heart and flashbacks x

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter - what a traumatic experience for you. And totally understandable re the scans. I absolutely hate going for the mammograms/scans - almost to the point where I could pass out I get so scared. After all - as a HA sufferer, I'm expecting the worst!!

I do feel that the issue sounds so similar to mine. I think the only pain linked to BC is when IBC is suggested, and then there are other symptoms presenting as well. Last time I was up at the BC clinic they told me some women just get breast pain with no explanation. Guess I'm one of those...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter - what a traumatic experience for you. And totally understandable re the scans. I absolutely hate going for the mammograms/scans - almost to the point where I could pass out I get so scared. After all - as a HA sufferer, I'm expecting the worst!!

I do feel that the issue sounds so similar to mine. I think the only pain linked to BC is when IBC is suggested, and then there are other symptoms presenting as well. Last time I was up at the BC clinic they told me some women just get breast pain with no explanation. Guess I'm one of those...
    Thanks. For years it made me so angry, I was just an angry person then 2 years ago the heslth anxiety started. Terror of other traumas and my other two children suffering. I just live in fear, as all us heslth anxiety sufferers do. It’s so horrible isn’t it.

ive had counselling and I know that things like arguing with my husband trigger it, or when my other girls are ill etc. But normally I can explain most symptoms even if I post for reassurance.

Just these past few months this left breast has been giving me issues. First started with a vein type thing with no colour that would come up for a few hours in the first half of my cycle (came up three months in a row but not last month). Really painful and then it would just go. Like when you are nursing a baby, except I haven’t done that for years now. Then I had nipple tingling sensations all the time along with breast ache and now this sore patch (which is opposite side to where this vein thing came up)

i just poked it again and it really hurt, then I poked loads and no pain. I just don’t get it.

I hate health anxiety and I hate when you when you get actual pains x

My HA was triggered by losing my sister to cancer. I was always a worrier but not totally obsessed as I am now. I think if I'd been like this all my life - I would have worried myself into an early grave by now! And as you say, if you worry about family members as well - it's constant. I also have so many random aches and pains - I assume it's an age thing but it's horrible and no pattern to a lot of them. I get one thing settled then something else pops up!

If you think an ultrasound would be short term pain for long term gain (ie it would put your mind at rest) maybe you should consider it. But WOULD it put your mind at rest? OR .....would you assume they may have missed something or even find something else to focus on? That seems to be the path I'm on...x

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information