Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
My HA was triggered by losing my sister to cancer. I was always a worrier but not totally obsessed as I am now. I think if I'd been like this all my life - I would have worried myself into an early grave by now! And as you say, if you worry about family members as well - it's constant. I also have so many random aches and pains - I assume it's an age thing but it's horrible and no pattern to a lot of them. I get one thing settled then something else pops up!

If you think an ultrasound would be short term pain for long term gain (ie it would put your mind at rest) maybe you should consider it. But WOULD it put your mind at rest? OR .....would you assume they may have missed something or even find something else to focus on? That seems to be the path I'm on...x
Im sorry to hear about your sister. How sad . I Too was always a worrier but when you then experience something awful happening out of the blue you know just like me anything is possible and that sets off the anxiety further.

This has been my issue. I’m scared of going to Drs and for scans but also will it help? Or will it feed the anxiety? I already don’t trust the Drs after I spoke to my own and my midwife over concerns (really strong gut feeling something was wrong) about my daughter, they both told me all was fine and dismissed me then she died. So i just don’t trust them. Since I’ve had the other girls we’ve been in hospital at various points and I question the docs and do my research which seems to anger them. It’s a vicious cycle.

Im sure it would be so amazing to get s clear scan (fingers crossed I’m lucky enough) but it won’t stop this health anxiety. I know I’ll be ok for a few months, then back to breast cancer, or lung cancer or throat cancer again.

How do you stop it? I’ve been having counselling for well over a year and I’m much better but I can’t shift this impending feeling of doom. Something bad will happen again and I can’t cope with that x