Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Re: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

I’ve got my appointment with breast consultant on Wednesday at 1.30. Very anxious but trying to keep busy. I’ve stopped wearing bras the last couple days. Still very aware of it and this fullness feeling there but no pain when I touch it anymore. It feels no more sore than the other side does. So I’m taking that as a positive. I’m still really struggling and panicking and my stomach is doing somersaults a lot. X

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn1985 View Post
    I’ve got my appointment with breast consultant on Wednesday at 1.30. Very anxious but trying to keep busy. I’ve stopped wearing bras the last couple days. Still very aware of it and this fullness feeling there but no pain when I touch it anymore. It feels no more sore than the other side does. So I’m taking that as a positive. I’m still really struggling and panicking and my stomach is doing somersaults a lot. X
    Sounds like you are having such a difficult time. I am currently down the breast cancer rabbit hole. Mine is due to an occasionally itchy left nipple and whitish discharge (which could be due to the fact my nipples have always been inverted). I am sure the discharge has been there for the past 15 or so years and it could be just normal due to the fact they are inverted so collect sweat as I do a lot of running (gross I know lol). But I’m still obsessing over it now as I have recently got over my bowel cancer fear.

As with my bowel cancer, skin, brain cancer etc etc what ever is hot topic at the moment, I will be hypersensitive to that area and will feel every single sensation there..

Quote Originally Posted by HA1989 View Post
    Sounds like you are having such a difficult time. I am currently down the breast cancer rabbit hole. Mine is due to an occasionally itchy left nipple and whitish discharge (which could be due to the fact my nipples have always been inverted). I am sure the discharge has been there for the past 15 or so years and it could be just normal due to the fact they are inverted so collect sweat as I do a lot of running (gross I know lol). But I’m still obsessing over it now as I have recently got over my bowel cancer fear.

As with my bowel cancer, skin, brain cancer etc etc what ever is hot topic at the moment, I will be hypersensitive to that area and will feel every single sensation there..
    I’m sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it too. Have you been to see anyone about this? I’m afraid I don’t have any advice but I have met women who say they get discharge and nothing is wrong. Not that me saying that will stop you worrying.

I honestly feel so sick. I’ve lost my appetite and I’m struggling to eat. It’s constant in my head “I’m ok” to “you’ve got cancer everywhere and will be lucky to see the year out”. I feel so drained. Also as you say I’m hypersensitive to any pains in that area now. The pains aren’t sharp or shooting. They are burning and muscle cramp type feelings. I’m occasionally getting them on the other side too but nowhere near as bad. I just can’t shake this doom feeling I’m carrying around. I’m imagining not seeing my girls grow up and not getting old. I’m really scared.

Im glad you said about being rally aware of every ache and pan when fixated on an area. When my breast cancer fears started just over w year ago I was convinced I had it in my right breast (this current issue is left ribs) as I found two hard lumps at the top of my armpit. They’ve never changed and I can still feel them now. At the time I was getting horrendous pains in my right breast and under it. If my husband touched my right breast sexually it hurt and I had to ban him from going anywhere near it for a few months.

Im really praying it’s my anxiety causing this but the dr offering no reassurance has not helped at all. He never mentioned it could be muscular or anxiety related and that’s not helped my state of mind at all. X

I’ve got my consultant appointment today at half one. Just picked up my referral letters from gp. He’s put down my symptoms and said most have improved which is true. He’s stated he’s referring back for their guidance on what tests to run but he’s ordered blood tests (nothing has been mentioned to me). He’s put down about my health anxiety and about my daughter dying. Said no swollen lymph nodes and he stated that he doesn’t recommend an X-ray which I guess means he doesn’t think it’s a tumour as that would show on an X-ray I believe. Doesn’t sound like he’s overly concerned kind of stated he was referring back to consultant off the back of the nurse saying I needed further tests,

Probably over analysing it all because of th anxiety.

I had barely any discomfort yesterday until dinner time. My stomach feels so sore and all the muscles feel really sore too. No pain when touching my rib cage anymore. I’m not sure if im wasting their time. Part of me thinks this is all anxiety causing the discomfort. I’m fixated on this area and the brain is creating it. Then the anxiety says no could be a tumour pushing on everything. I just don’t know anymore.

Im seeing a psychologist on 27th feb too x

Look, just go with the consultant appointment, you might as well now that its booked. As a by-stander I know the way this is going to go, and just like your pain 3 years ago went, I think this will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Look, just go with the consultant appointment, you might as well now that its booked. As a by-stander I know the way this is going to go, and just like your pain 3 years ago went, I think this will too.
    Thanks carys. I am really hoping you are completely right. My husband read the referral and said he reads it as the dr not being overly concerned and thinking it’s my health anxiety. He’s w thorough dr so I actually feel a bit calmer to be honest. It’s all through private health insurance so not taking up nhs time. My husband wants me to be scanned in the hopes this will be put it all to bed I think. I know I need the psychological help to do that and I will follow through, I don’t want to live like this anymore! I’m so tired of living in fear. I feel drained!

He didn’t scan me. He said it’s pointless as ultrasounds don’t show inflammation. I asked if maybe the costo had flared up again at Xmas and I was right at the end of it. He thinks that’s possible but he felt I was ok and as it is getting better he doesn’t feel it’s cancer. Had a good feel of mybreast and really poked my rib cage. Also confirmed that you can get pain at side of breast by armpit with costo. I explained about my anxiety but he felt a scan was just pointless x

Right. Now, time to put this one to bed. Carry on with lack of wireless bra, warmth, gentle exercises (there must be something for costo?) and feel entirely reassured that there is nothing there which is deeply concerning - annoying yes, but concerning, no.

I’m going to. Got my first appointment with psychologist soon and I know it will be tough but this can’t carry on. I’ve got to do the work to get better!

Excellent ! I tell you this, as you age, life is going to bring more aches and pains and oddities your way, so time to get it sorted now )

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information