Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Re: Breast pain in one breast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    My HA was triggered by losing my sister to cancer. I was always a worrier but not totally obsessed as I am now. I think if I'd been like this all my life - I would have worried myself into an early grave by now! And as you say, if you worry about family members as well - it's constant. I also have so many random aches and pains - I assume it's an age thing but it's horrible and no pattern to a lot of them. I get one thing settled then something else pops up!

If you think an ultrasound would be short term pain for long term gain (ie it would put your mind at rest) maybe you should consider it. But WOULD it put your mind at rest? OR .....would you assume they may have missed something or even find something else to focus on? That seems to be the path I'm on...x
    Im sorry to hear about your sister. How sad . I Too was always a worrier but when you then experience something awful happening out of the blue you know just like me anything is possible and that sets off the anxiety further.

This has been my issue. I’m scared of going to Drs and for scans but also will it help? Or will it feed the anxiety? I already don’t trust the Drs after I spoke to my own and my midwife over concerns (really strong gut feeling something was wrong) about my daughter, they both told me all was fine and dismissed me then she died. So i just don’t trust them. Since I’ve had the other girls we’ve been in hospital at various points and I question the docs and do my research which seems to anger them. It’s a vicious cycle.

Im sure it would be so amazing to get s clear scan (fingers crossed I’m lucky enough) but it won’t stop this health anxiety. I know I’ll be ok for a few months, then back to breast cancer, or lung cancer or throat cancer again.

How do you stop it? I’ve been having counselling for well over a year and I’m much better but I can’t shift this impending feeling of doom. Something bad will happen again and I can’t cope with that x

No idea how to stop it to be honest. I was hoping counselling (which I haven't had yet but one day...). I've downloaded the 9 CBT "books" and refer to those a lot. And I concentrate on probabilities. As in - the probability of it being a pulled muscle is much MUCH higher than it being cancer etc

No idea how to stop it to be honest. I was hoping counselling (which I haven't had yet but one day...). I've downloaded the 9 CBT "books" and refer to those a lot. And I concentrate on probabilities. As in - the probability of it being a pulled muscle is much MUCH higher than it being cancer etc
    Yeah that’s a good start. It’s just so hard to control the anxious part of your brain. I can’t lie I honestly thought counselling would just fix me but it hasn’t. It still consumes huge parts of my day every day. Maybe learn to live with it? X

I’m going to join in your convo if you don’t mind

I think both of you are lucky in that your pain is not always there and comes and goes. That’s a great sign! Mine is always there if I push it :( I do wonder if it’s coming from my ribs and chest wall though. How would I know? One of you mentioned chostochondritis. Is that a burning pain when pushed? Or is it constant?

Nicole, I too focus on probability and statistics. Sometimes it helps calm me down, other times I completely believe that I am THAT one in a 1000 to get a terrible disease. I hate feeling this way as well and just wish I could be happy and enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    I’m going to join in your convo if you don’t mind

I think both of you are lucky in that your pain is not always there and comes and goes. That’s a great sign! Mine is always there if I push it :( I do wonder if it’s coming from my ribs and chest wall though. How would I know? One of you mentioned chostochondritis. Is that a burning pain when pushed? Or is it constant?

Nicole, I too focus on probability and statistics. Sometimes it helps calm me down, other times I completely believe that I am THAT one in a 1000 to get a terrible disease. I hate feeling this way as well and just wish I could be happy and enjoy life

I think Costochondritis is one of those things that everyone experiences it slightly differently. Nicole will know more than me being diagnosed though.

Ive woken up feeling like someone had hit me on my breast bone. Feels so bruised and the top of the breast radiating down (still not quite as far as where I’m getting this pain though) and my shoulder and jaw ache.

I just keep hoping I’ll wake up and it’s gine but it doesn’t go.

I too look at statistics but with no family history of stillborn babies (my family is massive. I have about 20 female cousins and 4 aunties. Loads of great aunties too. My nan has 7 children and never even has a miscarriage) I struggle to use them as a rational. I always think “my chances are so slow or breast cancer really, no family history but then no family history of stillborn babies either” so that sets me off. I constantly link everything to my daughter dying

i really hope your pain pain stops soon Katniss. It’s all consuming isn’t it. I struggle to concentrate from all the worry x

Katniss - costochondritis can cause a burning pain. But you may have bruised yourself too if you keep pushing and prodding. It's amazing how many of my pains go away when I forget about them.

HA is just horrendous and it's an awful way to live. It's certainly stopping me enjoying life - happy family events are marred by me worrying about a symptom etc.

It's a shame about the counselling - but there are different types of counselling I think(CBT, psychotherapy etc), maybe keep trying til one works? x

Katniss - costochondritis can cause a burning pain. But you may have bruised yourself too if you keep pushing and prodding. It's amazing how many of my pains go away when I forget about them.

HA is just horrendous and it's an awful way to live. It's certainly stopping me enjoying life - happy family events are marred by me worrying about a symptom etc.

It's a shame about the counselling - but there are different types of counselling I think(CBT, psychotherapy etc), maybe keep trying til one works? x

I did actually amongst my many google sessions find one informative paper about breast pain from a dr. She said about women poking their boobs (guilty) and how we should leave them alone for two weeks and if pain still there get it looked at. She also said it’s highly likely to be benign. Trying hard not to google. As it did take hours of trawling through to find it. As you know most pages are all cancer, cancer, cancer. It’s so hard not to poke when you have health anxiety though isn’t it. I think we are our own worst enemies. I poke in the hope it’s gone. When I can’t feel it I think rationally. The moment I feel it the panic starts again.

My counsellor can do cbt as well, so I’m going to chat to her on Thursday about introducing some coping techniques x

My chest has felt so sore today. I’ve felt all over my rib cage and it feels so bruised all around this breast and under on the ribs, almost over to my armpit. The bruised feeling continue a small way down the breast itself on the side it connects to breast bone. Still doesn’t explain this stabbing pain when pushed lower down in my breast. It’s on the same side as most of this pain but the breast tissue doesn’t sit on the ribs that are hurting as my boobs are saggy now. So it’s like a bruised feeling which fades off as I feel down the breast and then no pain for a few centimetres and then bam stabbing pain straight after. So a gap in the pain/discomfort.

Im going to have to bite the bullet and call my private health provider tomorrow to get seen. I’m so scared. The logical part of my brain says it’s all linked to the sore ribs but the other part says no it’s a tumour deep in the tissue which is pressing on your ribs and that’s what’s causing this stabbing pain in your breast. I feel sick ��

Maybe you should to get the peace of mind you need. But how long will that peace last?

As I said - really similar symptoms to mine.

Keep us updated x

Maybe you should to get the peace of mind you need. But how long will that peace last?

As I said - really similar symptoms to mine.

Keep us updated x
    Honestly Nicole the fact you keep saying that is the only thing that’s stopping me from completely spiralling! Yes I’m struggling but I have this tiny bit of rationale to it.

Just plucking up thr the courage to call x

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information