Hi everyone I am a 28 year old female, I am diagnosed with IBS. With this is have a mix of diarrhoea and constipation, wind, daily stomach cramps and low back pain,. I deal with severe anxiety, I was housebound for 8 years and have started going out over the last 3, my anxiety does make ibs worse.

However every 8 months or so I would have very severe episodes (I do not know whether this is due to IBS or something else so would like to hear if this happens to anyone else) where I have really bad cramps and urgency to go to the toilet, when I get to the loo I have very bad diarrhoea that won't stop, I start sweating profusely and feel very faint to the point I am too weak to sit on the toilet, I end up falling off the toilet onto the floor and have to take all my clothes off. I find it hard to get back onto the toilet even though I am still having bad diarrhoea, as I am so weak and faint, I have passed out before from this too.

As I said before this would only happen every so often, I'd say 8 months or so, however on the 1st jan this happened again and I had to shout to my boyfriend to help me (which was very embarrassing lying on the floor naked having terrible diarrhoea and feeling boiling and faint) this happened again on the 11th jan which has sent me into a complete anxious state. Usually this wouldn't happen so close together, I don't even know if this is a severe case of IBS or something else entirely. I am scared to go out, I have started uni and I am terrified to go in in case this happens as it's not just urgent diarrhoea it's the fact I am having to take my clothes off as I start sweating and passing out on the floor, I can't do this outside my home, this is really horrible for me when I'm a recovering agoraphobic.

I have been eating very healthily, mainly salmon and white rice... I am a scared to eat though.

I'd like to hear if anyone else has this happen to them with IBS or if they know it's something else causing it.
My mum has severe ulcerative colitis so I worry about developing this too. I have had celiac tests before when I was diagnosed with IBS.

Any help would be appreciated, I am of course going to talk to my dr too but wanted to see if this is something any of you deal with.

Thank you