Thread: fellow zoloft users......

fellow zoloft users......

Can you help me on a question pl...

I've been taking 100mg per day for 6 weeks and although the depression side is better I'm still very nervous/anxious. Does this improve or do I need a higher dose?

cheers
    JB

Re: fellow zoloft users......

The best thing would be to speak to your doctor, as Zoloft, even though fewer side effects, can cause anxiety. But speak to your doctor first as this may not be the case with you.

Are you worked up about taking the med? I know when I take any medication my anxiety goes through the roof, not because it's a side effect, but because I am so anxious about taking the med in the first place.

I took Zoloft (Sertraline to us English peeps ) for seven years, following post natal depression after having my daughter. It worked well for me for a combination of both depression and anxiety. At times I did have to take a dose of 150mg for a while. Best to speak to your doctor and take his/her advice.

ive just started this med..and am really scared about it. side effects that is..

im on half a day, 50 mg....how has it been for you besides your anx being worse
    my doc said that might happen in the first few weeks,and to stick with it..?!

Peach

yes, keep taking them for at least 5-6 weeks as they take a while to change your brain chemistry. It's only after this point that you can decide whether they've worked for you/are helping or not. Try to do other things to take your mind off the tabs though - a bit of exercise, eat properly - organic/fresh vegs/fruit and drink lots of water (pref filtered) as out of the tap has fluoride/other chems in it and do some relaxation - this will all help you feel better.

Best regards
    JB

Thread Information