Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still Worried About Red Rash Behind Left Knee?

Re: Red Itchy Patch Behind One Knee?

@Sparky16 I know, sorry didn't get back sooner to reply! Just got freaked out after it turning up out of nowhere and I'm using a cream so will see how it reacts to that.

Re: Red Itchy Patch Behind One Knee?

@Quinn1 Hi, sorry for late reply! Yeah, could well be, so using a cream for that stuff and see how it works for now.

Still Worried About Red Rash Behind Left Knee?

I've had this one oval shaped rash behind my left knee now since at least August last year, or when it started to show up. I went to the Doctors in November about it, and he gave me Daktacort 2%/1% w/w/ cream, and I used that for about 2 to 3 weeks, and it got really scaly and then got very light and seemed to be disappearing, so stopped using it. Then, in late December, and beginning of this year it started to flare up again, coming back quite reddish/pink to, its not scaly or anything, but sometimes it can itch quite bad.

(Btw, I'm 32, female, I have Hypothyroid and PCOS. Little overweight but not by much. I suffer with health anxiety and depression, don't drink or smoke).

Anyway, went doctors today, and he had a look at it again, took a measurement of it, and said about it possibly being a fungal rash, and I told him it was only behind this one knee, which has me all stressed about it being something serious.

He gave me Dakterin 2% w/w cream for fungal infections, and said to take it for 4 weeks, then take a photo of it once I've taken it for 4 weeks, if theirs no imrovement, to come back to him a couple weeks after that (see how it is) and then he'll get me seen by a dermatologist. He said he didn't think it was anything sinister.

But now I'm feeling a little panicky regardless. I'm thinking all sorts of things. I did ask him, because I was worried about Lymphoma and Leukemia that I heard they sometimes show rashes as a sign, he said that was very rare. Anyway, I'm feeling anxious about it, even just mentioning about having to possibly see a dermatologist makes me start thinking of other serious things it could etc etc. I can't settle now, and am worrying a lot about what this could be.

Here is a photo of the rash on the back of my left knee. It's as close to the color it is in real life. I'm not sure what to make of it anymore, but just to give you a better perspective of what kind of rash I'm talking about, and I have no other rashes anywhere else.

https://i1160.photobucket.com/albums...psqrvtockm.jpg
    (It's exactly where the bend is behind your knee, thats where the redder parts are as well.

I've worried about skin cancers and other things, disorders and it is stressing me out. I'm starting the fungal cream today, so don't know how to feel.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 13-01-20 at 18:02.

Re: Still Worried About Red Rash Behind Left Knee?

Since putting that fungal cream on yesterday, it feeling VERY itchy. I'm not itching it as I don't want to scratch my nails across it, but its irrtating. Is it working or just causing it to be itchy?

Re: Still Worried About Red Rash Behind Left Knee?

Update: I got a fungal shampoo from my doctor to wash with for the rash behind my right knee, and although it seems to have helped reduce to almost going, it is still there, and today its become a little red and itchy, so I'm not sure if this fungal shampoo is working, or if this is fungal at all?

What is going on with this? Does Fungal things last for months? Or even Eczema things, and only behind one knee?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information