Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant stop worrying and thinking the worst

Re: Cant stop worrying and thinking the worst

But I'm also having hormone issues, such as mood swings, feeling hot at night when I'm always freezing cold and a change in periods - I have the Mirena coil, but my last period was different and suffered a lot - so I'm confused by it all.

I hope your scan goes well, but wanted to add (and this is something I seem to go around a lot saying on this forum lol), the descriptions you make of night sweats, mood changes, erratic periods, headaches, dizziness, vision problems and brain fog can all be caused by extreme hormone imbalance. I'm no medic, but had all your symptoms when I was on some hormone therapy a few years ago and also now I'm in perimeno - blurry vision, dizziness, brain fog, ANXIETY (and more besides which I won't start listing lol). Has this been counted for and tested for ? If you have become dominant in either progesterone or oestrogen, due to the Mirena ? then I reckon its certainly possible you could be experiencing these symptoms. I think of course, as I'm no doctor, they need to rule things out and give you the full once-over - but perhaps this could be another consideration afterwards and sex hormones tested ? (The bad stomach would go with the anxiety as can the belief that you are unable to concentrate on reading and start 'tripping over words' - my point being that some could be physical some could be mental health, and they are hard to pick apart right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I hope your scan goes well, but wanted to add (and this is something I seem to go around a lot saying on this forum lol), the descriptions you make of night sweats, mood changes, erratic periods, headaches, dizziness, vision problems and brain fog can all be caused by extreme hormone imbalance. I'm no medic, but had all your symptoms when I was on some hormone therapy a few years ago and also now I'm in perimeno - blurry vision, dizziness, brain fog, ANXIETY (and more besides which I won't start listing lol). Has this been counted for and tested for ? If you have become dominant in either progesterone or oestrogen, due to the Mirena ? then I reckon its certainly possible you could be experiencing these symptoms. I think of course, as I'm no doctor, they need to rule things out and give you the full once-over - but perhaps this could be another consideration afterwards and sex hormones tested ? (The bad stomach would go with the anxiety as can the belief that you are unable to concentrate on reading and start 'tripping over words' - my point being that some could be physical some could be mental health, and they are hard to pick apart right now)
    I haven't had any hormone testing, and that's something I also want to discuss with my doctor. I've had the Mirena a year in February and the last few months have been full of feeling hot when I'm normally always cold, and just all over the place. I feel I have worries here, there and everywhere and dont know what to act on first. I'll speak to her and see what she thinks.

Thank you for your reply. 😊

Hi there.

Just wanted to give a quick update. Saw my GP this afternoon and she was lovely, told her all my symptoms and the main thing I'm worried about, which is dementia and losing my memory, but she said it would be very rare at my age and isn't at the top of her list, but she's sending me for a head CT scan, as recommended, as there are enough symptoms . She's sending it urgently so it'll be in 5 weeks, but if I dont hear in a month, I need to phone the surgery. I'll phone the hospital next Thursday to make sure its gone through as I'm still anxious and will be until I know when I'm m having it. Do any of you know how long the referral (I'm in Wales) normally takes?

I do feel more at ease, but still worrying about my symptoms. Got an eye test booked for next Tuesday, and she told me to keep that as although she looked in my eyes, she's not an eye doctor.

I just want this scan now, and asked about taking it in my health insurance, but she said it'll cost a fortune and it's only 5 weeks, so that's not too bad, thought it would be 3 to 6 months. She said if the scan is ok, she'll do some memory tests to show me my brain is ok, so that made me feel a bit better.

Thanks to those who replied, it's nice to chat about your worries. 😊
    Last edited by MissyB; 15-01-20 at 17:02. Reason: Adding more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information