Thread: Please tell me I'm thinking too much :(

Please tell me I'm thinking too much :(

Hi Everyone,

Good evening from the US. Today I had a MRI with contrast to my abdomen. During the visit, the technician said when injecting the contrast, I would feel cold in my vein. During the whole time, my arm felt cold liquid running... So after the procedure, I asked the technician how many times she injected me with the contrast, she said only once and other times it has been saline to get the contrast circulating. I'm afraid that she might have made a mistake injecting me with too much contrast... And the contrast material can be very bad for kidney and other organs..especially if it's overdosed.. am I thinking too much about this?? 😭😭😭

Re: Please tell me I'm thinking too much :(

Yes. They do this all day every day. The saline is hooked up to a bag and runs the entire time, the saline is only separately injected at the specific moment from a separate source. She would also know from the images that were coming through because the ones with and without contract look completely different. You were just feeling the saline, which is normal.

Thank you!! What you said makes sense!!!!!!! I shouldn't be this paranoid.

You're welcome! And, it should say up there the contrast is injected at a specific moment from a specific source. So yes, absolutely nothing to worry about!

It's easy to get paranoid. I remember when my mother was on a drip in hospital. It started beeping because it needed to be changed. The nurse just turned the beeping off saying she would change the bag later. During the visit she didn't and it took all my strength not to go and remind her. I spent a worried night thinking they would have forgotten to do it. Which of course was daft because the next day I found they had and all was fine.

they do this stuff an awful lot and I spent a sleepless night quite pointlessly.

Ghost…Spillways

Thread Information