Hello. Back in December I had routine bloodwork drawn. Everything for the most part came back within normal range. I had a retest a week or 2 later because my bilirubin level was elevated. I was at 1.6 and at the retest I was 1.5. So it went down a bit.
I was told to come back 4 weeks later to retest again. I went in today and they drew 4 vials of blood. I havent had that much blood taken since I was pregnant 11 years ago!
I'm not a drinker or smoker. Over the holiday season I probably had 2 total drinks and both were wine. I don't drink much throughout the year. I can't see having liver damage as I dont take anything that would cause it.
I'm not jaundice however I have always had a yellowish undertone with fair complexion.
I asked the receptionist what they were looking for and she said they were ruling out hepatitis and if that has been ruled out they will check for fatty liver. Hepatitis doesn't make sense to me as I haven't been in any situation to contract it. I'm not really sure what causes a fatty liver but I am normal weight for my height and I eat pretty healthy. Exercise could be improved.
Can it be normal to have slightly higher bilirubin as an adult? I think normal level is 1.2 and lower.
Has anyone else here tested higher and it be normal?
Thanks for any replies in advance.