Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diarrhea:haven’t been anxious in a long time

Re: Diarrhea:haven’t been anxious in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    StephA, I am havign the exact same thing, however, I never had cancer and was on Antibotics two years ago when I got cellulitis, just this past month I have been having the type of stools you're having, I was just diagnosed with GERD, and I am suspecting I have IBS, as I do have anxiety and panic attacks, major depressive disorder and so many other issues. I hope you are doing better.
    You may just have IBS. C Diff wouldn’t be likely if it’s been two years since you were on the antibiotics. It can show up three months after antibiotics but most of the time it’s either during the course of antibiotics or shortly after. I was doing better but have had diarrhea twice today so I’m getting a bit nervous again because the second time it was pretty watery and I noticed some blood when I wiped the first time. Didn’t see it in the diarrhea so I’m hoping it was from either from my internal hemorrhoid or a fissure. If it continues I’ll try to get in with my rectal surgeon and see if I need get my stool tested. My regular GI doc didn’t have any available appointments until February but in the past, my proctologist got me in pretty quick when I had blood. Still worry about infection and needing antibiotics, but find it strange that I was fine for a week then it hit again today. I can never pinpoint foods that give me diarrhea. I have been under a lot of stress so it’s hard to tell sometimes if it’s just stress related IBS or an illness! Ugh!

I know I don't have Cdiff, I am thinking mine is lack of fiber, and or IBS, am going to start eating more fiber, I have barely had any at all, been eating junk, I hope you get answers, having stool issues is no fun. Have you been checked for Chrons?

I haven’t necessarily been checked for Crohn’s but had a clean colonoscopy six years ago.

They would have seen crohns then in the colonoscopy

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    They would have seen crohns then in the colonoscopy
    Thanks Nicola! I’ve let my mind create so many worst case scenarios this afternoon that it’s unreal. Can’t believe I’m letting the HA beast rear its head. Just discouraged today after having watery D again, since I was having a pretty good week. It feels like my guts are just gassy, bloated and inflamed. I tell myself it can just be IBS and the blood was from my hemorrhoid but it looked sort of mixed in with the poo on my toilet paper. So again HA is just pissing me off! I was doing so well until the last few weeks when I got sick. I haven’t had any fever but I don’t know if certain bowel infections like E Coli, Salmonella, etc. can come and go and not cause fever or if they would be persistent? I refuse to google though! I’m trying my best to practice what I preach. Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information