Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chest pain

Re: Chest pain

Quote Originally Posted by Alice1990 View Post
    yeah, I am trying to cut down on the research but when you feel off its hard not to look things up as I suppose you just want to make sense of what you're feeling. Fortunately my chest pains have gone now ( touch wood) howevee I'm now back to experiencing this " spaced out" feeling. Super hard to describe but it's a really awful feeling. Almost like I'll just lose consciousness/ pass out or something. So I'm really quite distressed about that again now.
    The "spaced out" feeling you're describing is what I have experienced as well. It's perfectly described in the book of Barry McDonagh: DARE. You won't lose cousciousness or pass out. You don't have to be distressed about it, it's just anxiety. Because you're anxious you're breathing faster, this kan make you feel you're passing out. But that's not the case.

Yeah I have read that that is what causes the feeling. I'm just at a complete loss as I'm really struggling to believe all of this is anxiety related. I haven't felt 100% in a good few weeks now. Really scared at this point that there's something really wrong going on inside my body. Don't want to go throwing suggestions out there but I'm sure you can probably guess the kind of thing I'm worried about.

Anxiety has 1000's of symptoms that can and will come and go as they feel like it. Assuming that every new symptom you have is going to kill you is a sure fire way to complete the circle of anxiety.

If you want to research something, research anxiety and how it can affect the body, physically. And then address the anxiety and ONLY the anxiety.

That is true, I do fear the worst when I get a symptom of feeling. Currently just going through phases where I feel spaced out, then chest pains, then feeling like I can't breathe easily, then this just repeats. I think it'd the unknown that gets me, as if I had a sore throat I would be able to put it down to a virus, for example.

Just out of curiosity, what do oxygen levels tell you? I gather how much you're getting but is there anything else?

Just out of curiosity, what do oxygen levels tell you? I gather how much you're getting but is there anything else?
    There is no reason for you to know this, it's just another level of self checking.

If you researched anxiety and not each individual symptom in isolation, you'd already know that shortness of breath is a symptom. And a really common one.

Once you start researching a symptom in isolation you open yourself up to hundreds of new possibilities, whilst ignoring the obvious one. Anxiety.

Felt okay today but now I feel just generally not well again. Like that feeling you get when you are actually ill with something like a virus, where you just feel miserable and not feeling yourself ( just without the obvious illness/ virus).

When is this this going to end :(

Still having this chest pain/ discomfort. Very hard for me to accept its down to anxiety or digestive issues??

Sounds familiar

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Still having this chest pain/ discomfort. Very hard for me to accept its down to anxiety or digestive issues??
    If it's hard for you to accept, try harder. Keep trying to accept it until you succeed accepting it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information